IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been searching for a few hours and im just wondering all the necessary parts id need to buy to run a gt35r or 30r. I looked on a few forums and websites to find engine internals and whatnot but they are only for the ej20 so i thought id turb to you all. Please give me a list of the parts id need to run that kind of setup. I have been looking at the perrin rotated 35r setup on gruppe-s

thanks guys for any help please no flaming haha im kinda pissed and depressed form not finding anything

p.s......if anyone knows good websites for parts let me know :tup:

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
there are hundreds of threads that list all the supporting mods needed for a rotated setup, including the two in my signature and my cutn edg build thread. given all that, i'd be depressed if i couldn't find anything, too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here a quick rundown of things, anyone please feel free to add on whatever I'm missing:

860cc or bigger injectors
fuel pump
large FMIC (i.e. Perrin, APS, or UR)
Ecutek or AP (Protuned)
upgraded clutch
full 3" catback
**built shortblock**

I'm guessing you're planning on purchasing a GT35R kit from Perrin or Ultimate Racing, otherwise you will also need a custom downpipe, uppipe, 44mm EWG, and intake (unless you plan on running a blow-thru setup or standalone EM).

Finally Meth injection is also great in terms of the safety it provides and the amount of power it adds.

Good luck with your project.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
not flamming you at all here, but looking at the one person that posted "their" suggestion, they obviously dont have that setup...I suggest you talk to your tuner and work with them. There is no reason to have a "built" block either. You can also search that debate about built vs stock internals....:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys i know if i search even more i will eventually find somehting but i thought id get some fast answers...after all this is a forum

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
you can redeem yourself by searching and then bringing back what you found, here. you have at least two subscribers to your thread with lots of experience with rotated setups. i'd be happy to help once youve done some groundwork.

give a man a fish
teach a man to fish

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
words of wisdom Bruce!! :tup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your first article in your sig is really good nice writeup :tup: il keep reading and post any useful info i find im off to work now so il hit the thread up later

·
Registered
6 Posts
here is my current setup

Engine

CP Pistons
Crower Rods
Cosworth Main Bearings
Cosworth Rod Bearings
Cosworth Camshafts
Cosworth Crankshaft
Crawford TGV deletes
Acpt Carbon Fiber DriveShaft
DSS 800hp Axles (front & rear)
Perrin GT35R Rotated Mt Kit 82.ar
Perrin Downpipe
Perrin Intake
Perrin Equal length header
Perrin Up-pipe
Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley
Perrin Fuel Rail System
Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler
HKS Carbon Titanium Exhaust
HKS SSQV Blow off Valve
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Greddy Oil Catch Can

Suspension

JIC FLTA2 Coilovers
APR Rear Strut Bar
APR Front Strut Bar
APR Chassis Brace

Interior

HKS Turbo Timer
Greddy Profec-B spec II
DEFI Triple Gauge Pod
DEFI Gauges: Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
TurboXS UTEC
Sparco Harness Bar (charcoal)
Teamtech 4point harness
Universal Camera Mount

Transmission

Exedy Twin Disc Clutch
Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
Stainless Steel Clutch line

Exterior

Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Sparco Hood Pins
Stop Tech Slotted Rotors all around
Stainless Steel Brake lines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.