IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where the heck do i find them, i went to rallispec.com and i found the STi engine mounts, but i didnt find anything about group-n mounts. can some one help me. im dumb.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Blaiser said:
where the heck do i find them, i went to rallispec.com and i found the STi engine mounts, but i didnt find anything about group-n mounts. can some one help me. im dumb.
I won mine at a local ESX event. Ask your suby dealer?

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
I regret selling my cusco after I thought they were too stiff before I even put them in. truth was peoples reactions scared me.

When I actually got a ride with my friends car that had them in, I was thinking those people are on some good sh*t. The vibrations werent bad at all, and it made the whole car feel beastly. Its a good feeling, but good luck with the group-n's. Im sure they are just as good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
rallispec has the best prices of anywhere i've been able to find and they say sti mounts but all there stuff is group-n stuff.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
ESsTeAEyEe said:
I regret selling my cusco after I thought they were too stiff before I even put them in. truth was peoples reactions scared me.

When I actually got a ride with my friends car that had them in, I was thinking those people are on some good sh*t. The vibrations werent bad at all, and it made the whole car feel beastly. Its a good feeling, but good luck with the group-n's. Im sure they are just as good.
+1 cz sold his cusco mounts to me. the nvh was increased, but i don't even notice it anymore. doesn't bother me a bit. you mostly feel it when starting the car up and idling. they make the car feel much more responsive. torque transfer and throttle response feel much better. gives your ride that race car feel.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Consider going with a set of normal 05 mounts. Folks dont break those.

I was disapointed with the amount of NVH added by the GroupN motor mounts. The car vibrates at idle quite a bit more and the transmission noise and eninge whine were more pronounced at cruise on a highway.

Ive ridden in a car with Cuscos, and I have to disagree that the difference is trivial. I certainly heard and felt even more NVH than my GroupN's even.

If you have an 05, you may not see the incremental increase in NVH, but the motor mounts that wetre in the 06 were actually very nice liquid filled mounts, and insulated the cabin splendidly. Shame they also gave it up more quickly than Pamela Anderson.

In retrospect, I would have prefered trying out 05 MMs before going even with the GroupN... and no, I havent changed out any other mounts on the car other than installing front camber plates.

Good luck,
Chris

·
Registered
212 Posts
lol You should try this combination:

Cusco Mounts, KB Outrigger Bushings, KB Tranny Crossmember Bushings, Beatrush Pitchmount=NVH HEaven.

just waiting to install the KB Diff Bushings along with the Beatrush Diff Crossmember Support Bar to complete this insane setup. Can't complain about the cusco mounts. I dont care much about NVH- a rally bred race car should feel like a race car. If you want comfort trade your Sti for cadillac seville or volvo...The only things that are annoying is the cheap subaru plastic steering wheel column cover which sometimes rattles alot and the rear view mirror-soon to be both fixed using acoustic engineering side of my brain.

Cusco MOUnts FTW..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh, and this thread is the wrong forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts