IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
hoffit said:
I like them. Very little increase in vibration etc. Wish they were a little more stiff but I don't think I could live with the Cusco mounts per a couple of other posts so GroupN it is.

No increased NVH?

·
Registered
809 Posts
JJ18Sniper said:
No increased NVH?
Not really. Most was from the tranny mount and bushings. I couldn't tell the differnce between the Group N and the stock mounts. Shifts are a little more crisp.

If you are willing to deal with an increase in NVH, go for the Cusco. I've got a 2 year old and 6 mos old so I'm not willing to compromise as I already have Tein Flex HA's. Can't add more vibration.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have always said it and i Will say it

Replacing the stock engine mounts and tranny mounts with either the Group-N or Cusco is one of the best or THE best mod you can do to the car.

it holds the engine and tranny in place. Go ahead and take a small video of when you start the engine with the stock mounts, and then snap it again once you did the swap. You will see the difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
:tup: Cusco Mounts FTW. If your going to replace the mounts might as well get the best and while your at it might aswell change the pitchstop to something like the Beatrush-thrust me you'll won't regret it. NVH is really not a problem with these cars-its the lack or minimal sound/noise deadning material. I hate road noise especially at 120 miles an hour...:D

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
maximus said:
Can these be installed yourself? Is it an easy mod? thanks

The tranny mount is very easy to do, it takes about 10min total to do it. Make sure you hold the diff in place when you are doing this.

As far for the engine mounts, I recommend paying $100 +/- to have them installed, or you will kill yourself. Which we dont want that. The right Engine mount is very difficult to do, and you need a special wrench to get one of the bolts. Also, when you bring the engine back down, you want to make sure it is straight in and centered.

Trust me, have a pro do the enigne mounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.