IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all kinds of threads about people doing this, but I've never really seen what the benefits of it are. I've seen people talking about how the car idles smoother, but mine doesn't really seem to idle rough.

Other than idle quality, is there any concrete benefit to doing this mod?

Does using heavier gauge wire improve how well it works?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Yes I use 4ga (big stuff, size of your finger almost). Benefits have been said to be a whole list of things: brighter headlights, better sounding/working stereo, ANYTHING electronical working better, better MPG, dynoed to bring 5-7whp (on the lienage kit, which mine is identical to and mine is even more done - 2 extra wires), etc... so *shrug*, on a brand new car it might not be as noticeable, but Im sure down the raod you'll be happy you did it. I know I and many others are. Havent gotten a negative feedback , back yet.

"When tested on several cars, an increase in power was found to be about 5-9 horsepower to the wheels! " - vividracing.com

Robert~

·
Registered
347 Posts
what he said...

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I will let you know come spring. I have a kit sitting here waiting to be installed. After driving 15k miles without one, I should be able to tell if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
NORCALSTI said:
can someone tell me what this exactly does?
? other then my huge paragraph up there... it specifically (if you can narrow it down this much) ... helps ground out the car. By adding grounding points to run to your battery...

Robert~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts