IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Re: Grocery Getter-410/415 23psi Winter Blend E85! Topspeed or GTFO!

Do you know what the car made on pump gas?
I do believe it was 356 HP, the torque I'm not sure on. Cicio is away from the shop on vacation, so just waiting on some dyno charts at some point.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

When's he gonna be back Matt, do you know?

...So does it make it engine #3 or engine #4? d=

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts

Gaaaaah nice numbers, Matt. Can't wait to see that thing!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)

When's he gonna be back Matt, do you know?

...So does it make it engine #3 or engine #4? d=
HEY! Its motor #2 the first one just got drop-ins. It just drank oil, and then spun a rod-bearing. The first motor was warrantied by Ressler Subaru, and they went above and beyone in every respect for me, since they could have just told me to stuff it. In the end the car ended up being louder then anticipated, and I probably should have just taken it to a Performance shop like Topspeed from the start. They do great work at Ressler and I know that people drive from all over the country to get stuff taken care of there. I used to be a salesman there and I saw people from all over the country. I would recommend them for any sort of normal work on a car. They are very aftermarket friendly and will help you with any sort or install and will be honest with you about what it will cost. The original post that was here has been edited due to the old service manager no longer working at this dealership. I was angry with him not Resslers. I apologize for my harsh remarks.

·
Registered
781 Posts

I will be back in the office tomorrow, just FYI...i'm on a plane now!

Thanks for the ride to the airport Matt

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts

Well, I can attest to the quality of this build. This thing is the definition of a sleeper. Quiet idle, NO engine noise, even decently quiet under acceleration....

Until that EWG kicks in ;)

This thing RIPS, very impressive work guys. And that is on the 91 map!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Well, I can attest to the quality of this build. This thing is the definition of a sleeper. Quiet idle, NO engine noise, even decently quiet under acceleration....

Until that EWG kicks in ;)

This thing RIPS, very impressive work guys. And that is on the 91 map!
Thanks for the kind words man!

·
Registered
781 Posts

Hey guys...

really sorry I haven't gotten these graphs up yet. With all the ice in Atlanta I am even more behind than I was. Yesterday was the first day I had all my techs in the shop.

I will do my best to post them tomorrow, i'm home now and don't have access to them.

Glad the car is running good!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Hey Matt, I noticed that you switched your stock exhaust out to a Tsudo quad tip. Were you building up too much heat? I know you said that your car is still quiet, but even with the Tsudo cat-back?

I'm thinking about this set up but really don't want to extra noise from the exhaust if I can get away with it.

·
Registered
781 Posts

You're spending too much time with that M of yours! :lol::lol::lol:

Dude I wish I got to drive the M more! I get to drive it from home to work and back thats it. We have been so swamped lately that I have no personal time.

Ah well...i'm not complaining. Thats a good thing right.

OK MATT!!!! Here ya go!! Here is your super conservative 91oct tune vs. your E85 tune. The E tune was also done on winter blend so is super safe for anywhere. With your new exhaust and summer blend E you should see a few more ponies.

Also as you know for some reason this turbo doesn't show very well how fast it actually spools. Matt and anyone can attest to the fact that this thing is at full boost by 3600-3700 easy.

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Re: Grocery Getter-410/413 23psi Winter Blend E85! Topspeed or GTFO!

Yeah, I am not surprised at all by those graphs. The acceleration was there no matter what RPM you were at. Any chance of a boost map overlay?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Hey Matt, I noticed that you switched your stock exhaust out to a Tsudo quad tip. Were you building up too much heat? I know you said that your car is still quiet, but even with the Tsudo cat-back?

I'm thinking about this set up but really don't want to extra noise from the exhaust if I can get away with it.
No problems with stock cat back, just wanted my rumble back!

61 - 80 of 275 Posts