IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Then I just wire tied it to the AC line so that it was clean and straight! Sorry if this isnt the same, but I hope it helps at least.

Dang JJ :( is there any way around the 5MB quota limit? :(

Robert~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hey scuba, do you have abetter pic of where that hose goes from the T??? I've been trying to hook that area up for a long time and havent been able to get a good shot of it. Any help would be great.

Robert~

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robert - the only instructions are in Japanese :-?

Scuba - that is not the Greddy catch can I received. Mine is a bit bigger and has an oval shape (yours appears to be square). I am wondering if I got the wrong catch can? I am having a very difficult time fitting it between the battery and the headlight. Also, how did you guys actually mount the can (this is what I am having trouble with - actually mounting the can; I know how to rig up the hoses, I just can't make the can fit).

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
staticx313 said:
hey scuba, do you have abetter pic of where that hose goes from the T??? I've been trying to hook that area up for a long time and havent been able to get a good shot of it. Any help would be great.

Robert~
It appears from the install instructions that all was being done there was cutting the hose coming up into the PCV sensor before entering the intake. Seems simple enough.....just find the proper size connector to run up to the catch can line and cap off the other end of the hose heading to the PCV sensor/intake.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Scuba_Steve,

Is it me or is your intercooler chromed?

sorry for the OT question guys, I had to ask. :-?

-STiLL

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
staticx313 said:

Robert~
It appears from the install instructions that all was being done there was cutting the hose coming up into the PCV sensor before entering the intake. Seems simple enough.....just find the proper size connector to run up to the catch can line and cap off the other end of the hose heading to the PCV sensor/intake.
ya you're right, it was always to hard to see in there (flashlight was broken) so I never tried searching down in that area. Thats cool I will look into it later. Thanks :)

aren't all those clear lines gonna fill with oil sludge?
I believe they are like that so that they know when to clean it and so that you know its working? *shrug*

Robert~

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Why does everyone mount them by the battery? Is there no place near the firewall on the passenger side? It'd be a much shorter run, and, I think, would look much cleaner.

·
Registered
804 Posts
elucas730 said:
Scuba - that is not the Greddy catch can I received. Mine is a bit bigger and has an oval shape (yours appears to be square). I am wondering if I got the wrong catch can? I am having a very difficult time fitting it between the battery and the headlight. Also, how did you guys actually mount the can (this is what I am having trouble with - actually mounting the can; I know how to rig up the hoses, I just can't make the can fit).
You got the version II, I liked the way this one looked and where it was mounted so I just hunted down the version I. A friend of mine mounted his on the passenger side strut tower, next to the turbo. Seems to work well (doesn't get hot) and looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
:eek: Damn that turned out nice, Steve...I like!

-STiLL

·
Registered
83 Posts
hks bov

I mounted mine on the passenger side inner fender.If you look there,you will see 2 holes.I flattened the bracket that comes with the catch can (Helix,same as Greddy), and found a bolt that would fit in those threaded holes.
If I had a camera, I'd post a picture.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brack said:
I mounted mine on the passenger side inner fender.If you look there,you will see 2 holes.I flattened the bracket that comes with the catch can (Helix,same as Greddy), and found a bolt that would fit in those threaded holes.
If I had a camera, I'd post a picture.
Any chance you could get a picture of that? How's the fit? Would it interfere with a larger turbo? I'm thinking of returning mine for a Perrin.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
I had the intercooler and heat shield polished, came out pretty sweet :lol: .
Very nice, I've been thinking about doing the heatshield one day when I'm bored at work. What did you, or the person that did it for you use? I was just going to try some Mother's metal polish.

-st

·
Registered
80 Posts
CHANGING THE STOCK GAUGES TO BLUE?????

I would think something like these would be more appropriate: http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/abrasives.html or http://www.swmetal.com/compounds.html Obviously starting with the courser grit (Aluminum Oxide or Tripoli) and then working your way down to Jeweler's Rouge. For the sizes of these pieces I would use a buffer (http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/images/8in_buffer.jpg). If your thinking about doing this yourself and you haven't polished metal before start with the heat shield.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts