IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a blast today at the Jeferson Circuit with the Bimmer, I could not take the STi as it only has 120 mi yet. But the Bimmer gave all it got in her last track day :)

There were 42 total students, 19 in my group (C, novice). Starting from the first session, I got up to speed quite fast and started passing and lapping others with the exception of a E36 M3. He was taking turn 5 better than I, which led to the back straight, and I just could not catch him to pass.

As the day went on, starting from the 3rd session, I got very consistent and my instructor was very pleased. On the 3rd session I passed and lapped everyone again, with the exception of that M3. On the 4th session I got him :D He came off turn 7 that leads to the front straight with a little too much power and he spun his rear wheels coming off shape a little, and I nailed the apex and gently squeezed the throttle at the right time and he just had to let me go, lol. He was very cool afterwards, and he came by telling me that he was sweating to hold me behind and that he knew he was faster on turn 5, but got impatient on that turn 7. Any how, it was just a blast.

There was on Evo 8 in the B class and he was doing pretty well, but did not really seem to pass many. There was also an STi in the A group, but it was just above 1000 miles and the owner was not pushing beyond 6K rpm. It was still fast though.

Later on another black STi owner came in just to watch and he was very excited to see an STi running. We talked quite a bit about the STi and cars in general, he said that he had the very first STi in Maryland and he was proud of it. This was his 11th Subaru and dealer has been very nice to him over the years :)

If you guys have not tried a track day, do try; it is the most fun you can have in a car with your pants on. However, I heard some discouraging stuff about the FATT sessions, and I do not want to repeat them as I do not know if they are facts. I can tell you one thing for sure: if you want high-quality track day with top-notch instructors, become a BMWCCA member and get to their HPDEs next season.

Go have fun guys with the STis, it belongs on the track :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do you have to own a BMW to be a member of BMWCCA?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all, we are not the PCA ;)

I like the rule that you don't have to own a BMW to become a member. Because these clubs are "not-for-profit" a great majority of the funds come from members. I believe that clubs of our's size (multi-chapter) cannot have less than 85% of their total revenue come from non-members. Hence the more members the better the activities we get and the better the interactions, socialization, track events, etc.

Wojo, I thought you changed your mind from an STi to Evo 8; or was it the other way around?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cool. I agree with that. Where can I get some information about joining?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are you the guy, I talked to a few times at autocrosses (Rosecroft). This is Filip (black evo)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep that is me. I had a feeling wojo=Philip :)

Good to see you here on the boards, lol. Well, you are certainly familiar with our autoxes, eh?

I do not think you are signed up for the 23rd one tho. If you want to attend, send me an e-mail ([email protected]) with your full name. I'll put you in to the wait list as we need to give priority to members, but I will start registering non-members about two days prior to the event. Thus far, we have always been able to accommodate non-members too, but cannot gurantee this far out to the event ;)

If I can break it in, I'll be there with the STi :) some competition for you, hehe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Which event is that? I don't see it listed on autocrossers.com, but I won't be able to make it anyway as I will be on vacation.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wojo said:
Which event is that? I don't see it listed on autocrossers.com, but I won't be able to make it anyway as I will be on vacation.
You won't see any of our events, execpt one at the autocrossers.com. You need to look at http://www.bcpl.net/~ncc/autocross/calendar.html.

I will be on vacation for the 23rd one as well actually, I'll see you Sept 7 may be.[/url]

·
Registered
251 Posts
You don't need to own a Porsche to be a member of PCA. I know, since I don't and I'm a member! :)

Great way to get track days...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
two piece rotors

RDiamond said:
You don't need to own a Porsche to be a member of PCA. I know, since I don't and I'm a member! :)

Great way to get track days...
Well, because I am a Porsche enthusiast, I inquired to our local PCA chapter with my forms filled and credit card # sent, the cold answer I received back was that I could not be a member as I did not own a used or new Porsche. I do not know if this membership rules change from chapter to chapter, but that is the clear answer I got from the secretary of the chapter.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What about a Hot Wheel's (or other scale model) Porsche? You could say that you own a Porsche, if you have one of those. Maybe that would be enough to get your membership. Then you could put it in a box that you call "the shop," and every time you meet up with them, you can honestly say that your Porsche is in the shop. :p

·
Registered
273 Posts
LOL. In that case, I own several Porsches.....from 911 to Carrera GT. All in mint condition.

I also own a Porsche pen (a real one) :) That should do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts