IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my oil changed ~15k miles and I put in a qt of the greased lightning engine treatment (for low and high mileage cars). Basically to clean it out and keep it in TOP shape. So far no problems and the car seems to be running VERY smooth along with the turbocharger. Im impressed, but as time goes on we'll see the real effects of this stuff. Only needed 1 time a year or every 12k miles... so for $7 Im sure its worth it. That and I am using their fuel treatment system. It says use it every 1k miles... but thats way to often, probably will do it every oil change or something again... only like ~$4. So I think in the long run it'll be worth it. I know it did good in my supra when i had it (93.5 MKIV NA AUTO Supra w/60k miles).

Robert~

·
Registered
487 Posts
More Info

Hey static x,
Keep us informed? I've heard pros and cons with this stuff but I always used it in my vehicles at least once.

I heard something along the lines of the teflon not really doing what it claims, anyone have a thread?

Whats a good summer weight and winter weight oil? DO you guys go by the book?

I was thinking hard summer track use equals a heavier weight should be used, is this true?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use 10w30 all year (as it doesnt get that cold and my car is garaged) otherwise I'd say just use the stock 5w30 or 0w30 if it gets VERY cold. As long as the product doesnt cause problems im fine... i could care less if it does nothing, then i'd never use it again. Otherwise if it was to cause problems ,i'd be mad. I will keep you all updated though.

Robert~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts