IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
stibaby said:
Gram Light 57F VS Stock BBS Which wheel is stronger?
BBS, simply by the design on of the BBS there are less "weak points" on the wheel.

you don't see a lot of 5 spoke rally wheels.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm sure the difference is negligible on street... I'm sure you won't be doing 60 over 1' deep potholes. :p

The BBS seems to be stronger by design as T3h_Clap pointed out :)

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
Rookie84 said:
I'm sure the difference is negligible on street... I'm sure you won't be doing 60 over 1' deep potholes. :p

The BBS seems to be stronger by design as T3h_Clap pointed out :)
but you may be having some fun doing a little snow drifting on a closed road and chunk a rock under the snow.

I'd rather bend a wheel and be able to limp home then break one and get towed.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
but you may be having some fun doing a little snow drifting on a closed road and chunk a rock under the snow.

I'd rather bend a wheel and be able to limp home then break one and get towed.
That is true. I hit this heinous pothole four winters ago in my A6 - it nearly tore the lip of my BBS RC, but the integrity of the wheel was fine and it continued to hold air. It was nice, since I was looking at changing the wheel in 5F and dense snow or being able to continue to work and change it when it let up.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Stress follows the path of the least resistance (sp). I would go with the BBS rims.

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
stibaby said:
so should i keep stock bbs or get Gram Light 57F
Yes on both accounts.

Keep the BBS and get the Gram Lights, just don't pay more than 1250 for the set.

now the question is what tires to run. :lol: ooh this never ends does it?

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
going to need more info.

insert all suspension info and desired suspension setup, including desired alignement settings.

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
you don't plan on running anything else?

you don't have any desire to run more camber? front or rear?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.