IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sounds good, the tuner zeroed out the load comp? I got one of these things left - dampered though..

·
Registered
352 Posts
I ordered the IAP stumble fix kit and just got my revised tune from Jon at Cobb. Ill let ya all know if it helps me at all.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Anybody with ID1000's wanting to try this? I built one.. Most of the feedback I got are from the stock injectors (it works to cure the stumbles).

Would be great if somebody with ID1000's can try it out (pretty please?) and preferably somebody tuned by Eric..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for this. Just completed this (non dampened) for my tune from Eric at Torqued Performance. Smoooooth!
I got a tune from Eric a couple months ago and no more stumble! Word of advice for anyone who is planning on doing this. After you pull the fuel pump fuse and let the car die, let the fuel system depressurize for at least a couple hours. If you try to pull the lines off right after the car dies you'll get a nice shot of gas in the face like i did. :lol:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
STiLLsLow will be testing it out on ID1000's on both Pump and E85, will be tuned by Eric too.. He gets the latest revision which has a metal spacer instead of nylon, and bling bling corbin clamps (because gold is best - lol).

·
Registered
554 Posts
STiLLsLow will be testing it out on ID1000's on both Pump and E85, will be tuned by Eric too.. He gets the latest revision which has a metal spacer instead of nylon, and bling bling corbin clamps (because gold is best - lol).

Image Link
Excited to finally get this done! Should have results by this weekend :tup:

And for those that are curious, mod list is as follows:

Stage 2:
Invidia Catted Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
Invidia Q300 Cat-back exhaust
Cobb EBCS
Cobb V3 Accessport Sub 003
Innovate MTX-L Wideband
Cobb Heatshield
PTP Turbo Blanket
DEI Ti Wrapped Downpipe

New since Stage 2 etune by Eric @ Torqued Performance -
AEM Cold Air Intake (switched from Cobb SF)
Injector Dynamics 1000cc
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Funks' GR Stumble Fix
NGK Iridium IX One Step Colder Spark Plugs

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Thanks. Hopefully we get some feedback from Mooshoo too - he bought the Cobb Fuel Pressure Regulator kit #31500 (which is basically the same as this one, and the iaPerformance #iap-fuel-v2) except my HowTo comes with a longer silicone hose for fuel pressure feed, corbin clamps instead of zip ties, and Oetiker clamps all around (no fuel injection clamps on the regulator) and MOAR money in your wallet!

He's running ID1000's, DW65C, and has a pump gas and E85 tune on Stage 2+..

I'm definitely interested because I'll be on Stage2+ (waiting for my equal length header from coating) and contemplating getting ID1000's to lower the IDC's..

I don't like the aftermarket stuff, too many fittings == too many areas to leak (vibration anyone?). I don't like fuel leaks..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully we get some feedback from Mooshoo too - he bought the Cobb Fuel Pressure Regulator kit #31500 (which is basically the same as this one, and the iaPerformance #iap-fuel-v2) except my HowTo comes with a longer silicone hose for fuel pressure feed, corbin clamps instead of zip ties, and Oetiker clamps all around (no fuel injection clamps on the regulator) and MOAR money in your wallet!

He's running ID1000's, DW65C, and has a pump gas and E85 tune on Stage 2+..

I'm definitely interested because I'll be on Stage2+ (waiting for my equal length header from coating) and contemplating getting ID1000's to lower the IDC's..

I don't like the aftermarket stuff, too many fittings == too many areas to leak (vibration anyone?). I don't like fuel leaks..
I'm interested in your results as well! The only power mod I've left out intentionally that I would want to do on my stock block is an ELH, however I'm not sure if my stock clutch will hold that amount of torque. Last thing I want while being E85 tuned is to not be able to get the power to the ground. Are you planning to go E85 with the ID1000s and ELH?

Edit - I assume not since you're only throwing in injectors for some safety margin with your IDCs. Maybe someone else with a similar set up will chime in.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yep, IDC safety margin, and i'll only run 91 ACN pump gas. Equal length header primarily for lowering the EGT's too.

Mooshoo tells me corn juice is the tits though (he goes to the track often) - me on the other hand only hit the backroads / twisties / norcal canyons..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yep, IDC safety margin, and i'll only run 91 ACN pump gas. Equal length header primarily for lowering the EGT's too.

Mooshoo tells me corn juice is the tits though (he goes to the track often) - me on the other hand only hit the backroads / twisties / norcal canyons..
Jealous of the norcal canyons :tup:

21 - 40 of 128 Posts