IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, but I suppose nobody has done it yet.

I found this at japanparts.com

And I'm wondering if it will fit in my USDM STi? It looks like the stock airbag will work, but I couldn't find any further info on it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Those are made by DAMD. Apparently all of the OEM controls and airbag can be swapped over. Both the normal (round) and sport models look pretty good. Perhaps one of the vendors on this site can order some up for less than the $600 listed on JapanParts?

Here's the direct DAMD website link to the products: ACCESARRY : STEERING?DAMD Inc.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be the guinea pig in a couple months, once I return from Costa Rica unless someone else beats me to it.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
721 Posts
no cruise control and no radio controls? no thanks.

although i <3 the design. vw has been doing this for a while now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I WANT ONE!!!!!! can i put my stereo buttons in it???

Yes you can :), here is the description :

" Sport type. Able to install it with the original airbag. 358mm (original 375mm). Leather grip. Choose the color of stitches. Shown airbag place does NOT include. Also, fit to the cruise controller and radio controller."

·
Registered
881 Posts
i wonder if anyone else can custom make this for cheaper.... a smaller radius/thicker steering wheel will be awesome, but not digging the flat bottom or the price

·
Registered
683 Posts
i wonder if anyone else can custom make this for cheaper.... a smaller radius/thicker steering wheel will be awesome, but not digging the flat bottom or the price
They make both round and flat bottom versions. All of the radio / cruise controls swap over. It's about $500-600.

1 - 20 of 588 Posts