IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a quick question incase someone could help me out.
I have seen some posts recently for the anti-glare mirrors for the VA and they include a greater concave profile, as well as an integrated LED turn signal.

I found this image on a JDM parts supplier, but this part was not in stock on their site:

From this, I know a JDM mirror alternative exists for the GR, I just can't find much information or part numbers.
I have checked by images for the R205 and S206, and neither of those appear to have these mirrors, so it must have been an added option in Japan.
If possible, can someone point me in the right direction?
Some more information would be good, but part numbers would be even better!
I am also curious, if anyone has experience with these mirrors, if the harness for the LED arrow plugs into the USDM mirror housing, or if I'll have to splice them into the signals on the outside of the mirror.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pictured mirrors are from a GR/GV?
That's what it would look like!
Amazing what you can find when you're busy digging through jdm part sites looking for an R205 splitter. Only problem is the list grows.... :LOL:

Registered
That's what it would look like!
Amazing what you can find when you're busy digging through jdm part sites looking for an R205 splitter. Only problem is the list grows.... :LOL:
View attachment 62592
View attachment 62593
View attachment 62594
Wow had no idea! I knew about the JDM folding mirrors but never these. I鈥檇 love to have these!

I had considered the folding mirrors but after doing some research realized it鈥檇 be too much work since the mirrors are angled differently for RHD, so you鈥檇 have to swap the assemblies between left and right. But these might be worth the effort, if you can find them that is ;)

Maybe check Yahoo Auction Japan or Croooober.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow had no idea! I knew about the JDM folding mirrors but never these. I鈥檇 love to have these!

I had considered the folding mirrors but after doing some research realized it鈥檇 be too much work since the mirrors are angled differently for RHD, so you鈥檇 have to swap the assemblies between left and right. But these might be worth the effort, if you can find them that is ;)

Maybe check Yahoo Auction Japan or Croooober.
Thanks man!
Ya, it was just per chance I found them on a JDM auction site on a listing from a few years ago.
I'm also not sure exactly how the wiring would plug in, or if I'd need to run new leads or splice to the front signals for power cause USDM.
Either way, this is the only example of these mirrors I have been able to find thus far, so might be too few and far between to score up here in Canada!
Of course, if anyone else has more information or (fingers crossed) part numbers, I'm open ears!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holdup! I think I figured it out!
Unlike the LED signal mirrors for the VA, the LED's here aren't integrated into the glass.
You can see that between the led bulbs for the arrows, there is a non-reflective area surrounding it.

Looks like for these pieces, the led signals are actually wired and stuck on aftermarket by drilling through the mirror glass to hide the wires on the backside.
This isn't exactly the same piece, but I found this online as a good example:

Bummer! I'm not looking to drill into my mirrors to do this

Registered
Wow excellent investigative skills! That鈥檚 like how I鈥檇 get all OCD about something. Good job figuring it out though. You can rest easy now seeking out the basic folding mirrors :LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts