IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, does anyone know how to remove the govenor? I suppose I don't go that fast often, but it would be nice to know there is no limit at 147 mph. Is there a wire to cut? Or perhaps a re-map of the ECU would get rid of the govenor. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i guess mine doesnt have a governor....i saw my speedo hit right in between 155 and 160....and i couldve kept on it was only at 5900 rpm!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Really! That's awesome....did the car accelerate good all the way up or was it a small gradual climb

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
coxSTI,nah i had been all over it i cruised at 120 for about five min...i knew the road....a nice slow down hill to a flat two mile strait the a half mile incline so comiiiiin down the hill i put it down 140 by the strait and the to the floor....it was screamin...5900 rpm...prob 157 or 158...was kinda fast and scary but remakably firm and tight...cant wait for my mods! :p

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
fluttering noise from turbo, no mods. please post insight

me tooo i hit 155 on the freeway a few times my car never hit revlimiter...id seriously like to know if there is one or not? by the way i caught up to traffic way too fast so i couldnt go any faster... :p

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm quite sure there is a limiter. I ran into it at 153 mph (indicated). The car gently slows after hitting that speed and then resumes acceleration to it again, etc.

I also got a loud hum at >140 mph speeds.

Supposedly the car is governed at 147...although hard to believe the stock speedometer is off 6 mph! Maybe 3, but 6?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
the hood scoop starts to whine,howl,....whatever it gets louder as i go past 120...it's just the sound of the scoop...it whistles at high speed

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the side mirrors I believe to it too, I heard it on the top speed portion of that big 04 STi vs 02-3 STi review (top gear or something) , buncha japanese people that could drive really well. :)

Robert~

·
Registered
236 Posts
HAVOC red mod help PLEASE!!!

I've been at 250km/h the loud winding noise comes up at about 180.
I havn't hit the speed governer yet!
I figured out what the sound was last weekend, it was from the driver's side "triangle piece that's on the opposite side of the ext mirror"
when I put on it, the noise goes away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
OM3GA said:
I've been at 250km/h the loud winding noise comes up at about 180.
I havn't hit the speed governer yet!
I figured out what the sound was last weekend, it was from the driver's side "triangle piece that's on the opposite side of the ext mirror"
when I put on it, the noise goes away!
hey that's 155MPH, over the 147 supposed speed governor.
do u have stock RIM & tires?

T

·
0 Posts
Mine will cut out at 250 km with everything stock. As soon as you go over 250 it will cut and come back to 250 kms.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Geez, you guys are going to die going that fast!

;)

I shouldn't be a hypocrite. I've hit about 135 a couple of times but once you're going that fast, every 5 mph increase feels like 20mph

1 - 18 of 18 Posts