IW STi Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,521
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-The Garage Queen

hybrid boost is when you use an EBCS and MBC together.

Oh ok. And no problem I learned something.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,522

So cannot decide whether I want GSC S2 or Brian Crower cams. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

BC has a slower ramp rate and might be easier on valves.

Check with them as this info is 6 years old.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,430 Posts

What about Roger Clark Motorsports? I have not dived into cam research yet. Only set I had was 1500 grinds from Delta in my EJ251 (NA), however, I sold the car before buying it.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,525

Thanks for the cams suggestions.

Well back from Gridlife Midwest Festival 2019. What a past few days.
1. It rained week of event, grass = plenty of mud and wet soil
2. Getting there early wasn't early enough as I waited extra hour for friend to get his car loaded, smh
3. Subie friends didn't look out for me so poor paddock spot far away from action.
4. About 4 hours sleep night before departure, Comfort Suites not so comforting as smoke detector battery alarm went off 3:59am - took until 5:30am to get that sorted out; alarm at 6:30a
5. Set what was to be fastest time and PB at Gingerman in 1st session which mimics 2018 including 4 off into the grass at a 1:49:099 surpassing last years number by about 0:00:500.
6. But lost the AIM data of the run because I couldn't find file on laptop. I should have just loaded what was there. Joe did a master reset to the Solo2 and that was lost.
7. So spent rest of event chasing that time.

Where was the 2 sec magic of RE71r's over Falkens? I didn't find it. So was in the low 50's the rest of the time just like last year.

Got with a data guy who was there going over video and AIM, etc data and let him drive car but track was moist/read wet. So he slipped and slid around the course several laps showing me the proper line. I brake way early over him and not hard enough, also was not hitting turnin marks so apex was off all around course.

So here comes Sunday and Track Battle cars were not running Sunday, hmmmm how can I get another round? Well one of my Subaru buds is a instructor so I let him drive the car! Dry all day Sunday and he pulls a 1:44:022 out (Harrys time) on one lap and a 1:44:845 on the next lap. Damn! Lucille is capable, Darryl certainly is not.

Exhausted, still have not unloaded her but will on Tuesday. I like the RE71r's but need another set already. But will run them a week from Friday at Waterford.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

And why are you running those tires? Some kind of street/stock class requirement? No slicks?

I can relate with the driving. Unless I'm chasing someone fast I tend to not push the car to its potential (that and at 72 the wife insist I come home in one piece).
At two different tracks the same semi-pro instructor bested my times by 2-4 seconds. Sometimes I get some turns right, build speed and momentum, but usually I'm not consistent enough. I think I should be better since I raced in SCCA 52 years ago... Oh well. Not winning a trophy anyway.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,528

And why are you running those tires? Some kind of street/stock class requirement? No slicks?

I can relate with the driving. Unless I'm chasing someone fast I tend to not push the car to its potential (that and at 72 the wife insist I come home in one piece).
At two different tracks the same semi-pro instructor bested my times by 2-4 seconds. Sometimes I get some turns right, build speed and momentum, but usually I'm not consistent enough. I think I should be better since I raced in SCCA 52 years ago... Oh well. Not winning a trophy anyway.
Scargo, 200TW class requirement........filler driver.......tires I had so that’s why I ran them.
And I would be pissed at myself if I wrecked the car. And with the care-giver responsibilities I have, I need to return as if I never left. But happy to see the potential is there and the car is pretty well sorted as Sunday’s driver described it. Bottom line, the time passed to fast and I’m itching to get back out there.

I will be at Waterford on the 14th, new track surface, let’s see how it goes versus last August there. If this certain tire shop had not bent one of my RPF1’s I was going to buy a set of NT01’s for this wheels. Now I have to wait for Detroit Wheel to straighten it.

And I admire your setups/cars and ability to get out there and show them age is just a number.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,529

Glad you survived!

After seeing baseball sized hail pictures from 20 miles east of us I’m really happy we didn’t get any of that at all.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts

Right? So many $$ cars all at once if it came thru... :[

Some of that $ is the work and pride put in, not the overall value

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,531

So Saturday night camping at Gridlife Midwest didn't do me any good. Sick with chest cold, stiffness etc since Wednesday, just now starting to feel somewhat better.

Here is video from Sunday fun run with Arpke behind the wheel of Lucille and me as passenger.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,533

Soooooooo the law of track averages caught up to me Friday. I was “that” guy. Look for Lucille 2.0 sometime in 2020.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,535 (Edited)

Video or it didn't happen!
So what had happened was..........

Did not turn GoPro on that session.

Ran Harry's with video but upon replay was on selfie mode for some reason.

You see my facial, physical expression as I bounce off tire wall.

Here is incar link to video from earlier session that my rider filmed.

Things come in threes, daughter-in-law in multicar accident in May, daughter rear ended a week ago and now me, SMH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Video or it didn't happen!
So what had happened was..........

Did not turn GoPro on that session.

Ran Harry's with video but upon replay was on selfie mode for some reason.

You see my facial, physical expression as I bounce off tire wall.

Here is incar link to video from earlier session that my rider filmed.

Things come in threes, daughter-in-law in multicar accident in May, daughter rear ended a week ago and now me, SMH.

I was super bummed driving past on track after the incident (white civic). Glad you are OK and the car definitely looked repairable, hope to see it back on track soon!

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,537
I was super bummed driving past on track after the incident (white civic). Glad you are OK and the car definitely looked repairable, hope to see it back on track soon!
Sorry I missed talking to you. Yeah going to be working on getting quotes over the next few weeks then see how the undercarriage looks. Bummer, but I was due unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,538
Suffering from withdrawal, not going to be able to get repair started for another month at least. Picking up new parts to attempt to control repair costs. Darn it. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,539 (Edited)
Tic to the damn Toc. 12 days until we head to the body shop. Can't wait.

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts