IW STi Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,501
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-The Garage Queen

fun stuff

Fancy mount for the down pipe too support, like it. Mental note for my own build
Supposedly that engine build/install was Andrewtech.

On another note:

Broke out Lucille and went to a Subaru meet at a restaurant that has a Mgr with a WRX. Interesting conversation that he the Mgr had with me about 2004 WRX versus 2004 STi, he was adamant that you don't need to upgrade to 5x114 hubs as he never heard of wheel bearings failing or brake knockback. He quoted some Rally team he knew, finally excused himself and I heard from the organizer of the meet that he felt I was being argumentative (LoL). I told him why I changed (we all know the reasons) and that was it. Overheard him in the lot telling the owner of 2013 WRX that he needed to get rid of the AIR pump because it was just added for Subaru to trick the emissions tests. I just grinned ;), crazy what you hear at meets. I can't wait to go to another one. Oh and least I forget he told me I should only change the exhaust cam if building my heads because the intake cam is controlled by AVCS. I need a Gif for the look I had. SMH

On another note, breakfast at their restaurant was superb. :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Supposedly that engine build/install was Andrewtech.

On another note:

Broke out Lucille and went to a Subaru meet at a restaurant that has a Mgr with a WRX. Interesting conversation that he the Mgr had with me about 2004 WRX versus 2004 STi, he was adamant that you don't need to upgrade to 5x114 hubs as he never heard of wheel bearings failing or brake knockback. He quoted some Rally team he knew, finally excused himself and I heard from the organizer of the meet that he felt I was being argumentative (LoL). I told him why I changed (we all know the reasons) and that was it. Overheard him in the lot telling the owner of 2013 WRX that he needed to get rid of the AIR pump because it was just added for Subaru to trick the emissions tests. I just grinned ;), crazy what you hear at meets. I can't wait to go to another one. Oh and least I forget he told me I should only change the exhaust cam if building my heads because the intake cam is controlled by AVCS. I need a Gif for the look I had. SMH

On another note, breakfast at their restaurant was superb. :D

I can just tell you, I went through set of of 5x100 per year before upgrading to 5x114 and since then none despite a LOT more power, aero.

Exactly what I hate about car meets. So many experts and former/current/future F1 chief engineers. SMH.

Ps, lets have a chat when your'e free.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503

I can just tell you, I went through set of of 5x100 per year before upgrading to 5x114 and since then none despite a LOT more power, aero.

Exactly what I hate about car meets. So many experts and former/current/future F1 chief engineers. SMH.

Ps, lets have a chat when your'e free.
Idin,
Pmed you on IG, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

ODB sliding into his DMs

I wanted to go to that meetup but I went to pastiners and had to make a parts run

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,506

ODB sliding into his DMs

I wanted to go to that meetup but I went to pastiners and had to make a parts run
You would have been the only Bugeye there. Zero representation from the MasterRace.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,508

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts

features a heated AOS !

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Oh boy, the things you hear at car meets....:rolleyes:

Last year, after he looked at my car, I had someone tell me at a meet that hybrid boost is unsafe, blows motors and I should uninstall my setup ASAP. His source was "like, 10 cars down in Texas." ಠ_ಠ

It's called hooking things up right.

I keep seeing him around unfortunately, and I just want to rub it in.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,511

Oh boy, the things you hear at car meets....:rolleyes:

Last year, after he looked at my car, I had someone tell me at a meet that hybrid boost is unsafe, blows motors and I should uninstall my setup ASAP. His source was "like, 10 cars down in Texas." ಠ_ಠ

It's called hooking things up right.

I keep seeing him around unfortunately, and I just want to rub it in.
Crazy what you overhear.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,512

So I was given a blown Exedy twin disc clutch. Since Global Parts Exedy is only 15 minutes away from me I took it over to them as they offer free inspection. What could happen, it comes back as rebuild able, right? So got a call Thursday inspection is complete, it can be rebuilt, but the pressure plate ears are getting close to minimum. My feeling prior to getting the blown clutch was to buy new for my build, so it really didn't mean much to hear the inspection results. Plus they are going to provide an inspection report. So I learn about a clutch unfamiliar to me.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts

...I had someone tell me at a meet that hybrid boost is unsafe, blows motors and I should uninstall my setup ASAP....
I had to scratch my head a bit before I got it that you meant a hybrid boost controller.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts

Im confused.
Hybrid %BOV/%BPV which is what I was thinking only because it can be seen? Or, hybrid boost control meaning MAF->MAP as is common these day for modified and AP tuned STI these days.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Yeah, never seen the guy before in my life and that was his opening line to me; no "hey, how are you?", just leads in with that. Cool.

Hey at least it was free knowledge Darryl.

Yeah sorry for the confusion, shoulda clarified. Leemanfor is correct.

·
Registered
973 Posts

MBC are better at controlling max boost, and the EBCS is better at controlling part throttle and drive ability in boost.

Also you dont get that annoying waste gate flutter with a hybrid system, because you set the waste gate duty cycle to 100% in the tune and you let the MBC takeover at WOT.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,519

So I was given a blown Exedy twin disc clutch. Since Global Parts Exedy is only 15 minutes away from me I took it over to them as they offer free inspection. What could happen, it comes back as rebuild able, right? So got a call Thursday inspection is complete, it can be rebuilt, but the pressure plate ears are getting close to minimum. My feeling prior to getting the blown clutch was to buy new for my build, so it really didn't mean much to hear the inspection results. Plus they are going to provide an inspection report. So I learn about a clutch unfamiliar to me.
So Exedy gave me a parts list to rebuild clutch, but no inspection report. Guess I have to remember what he said. Should I rebuild and sell or offer with list of parts needed for someone who wants to take a chance?

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,520

And then there is this (trying to get ready for Gridlife Midwest on May 31, 2019), maybe I wasn't clear when we conversed via Messenger or maybe you forgot.

Annoyed and don't know why. Bought from this vendor a number of times, then they moved and I've bought from them at new location. But recently asked for parts quote that would normally come back immediately. Go no response after acknowledging part request. I'm at a point where I'm only going to ask once. Moved on, ordered from another vendor.

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts