IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" It's NOW or Never! July T2's Still n BOX

Coilover installation is really not bad at all, which I'm sure you're aware off. If you have another set of hands to help it'll go by even faster.

Setting them up is annoying though. Like if you want to lower the car from RCE's settings it's a lot of dismount, adjust, remount, drive, measure, repeat...

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" It's NOW or Never! July T2's Still n BOX

Darryl, sorry man, I'm in Ohio for the rest of the summer. Otherwise, I'd be over there already.

I jacked my car up from the read diff for the first time. I saw the diff raise up an entire inch before the frame actually started to move. I think that proves that the diff has plenty of room to bounce up and down, which pushes the driveshaft into things.

Thanks for the in car video. :)
When I was following you, I could definitely hear your exhaust when you got on the throttle. I wish I was louder.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

Thanks for the offer(s). I'm mostly whinning. Seems like evertime I get near a track event, it's feast. I should not be complaining in this economy as it(feast on others broken arse kars) is what allows me to play. I got one car completed today, so I expect that Tuesday I can start the swap. The set-up and alignment is what I dread right now as I am slow, slow, slow.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

Darryl, sorry man, I'm in Ohio for the rest of the summer. Otherwise, I'd be over there already.

I jacked my car up from the read diff for the first time. I saw the diff raise up an entire inch before the frame actually started to move. I think that proves that the diff has plenty of room to bounce up and down, which pushes the driveshaft into things.

Thanks for the in car video. :)
When I was following you, I could definitely hear your exhaust when you got on the throttle. I wish I was louder.
Joey, louder is not always better. :rolleyes: Although I love that sound. I may record a grocery trip as I love to rev match shift all the time, just to hear the exhaust. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

So as soon as I can download images, gotta stuff happens incident I noticed this morning. Kinda caught me off guard when I got in the car this morning.......I was like wtf and I was even headed to church to atone for my sins of the week as there were many! Gonna be pretty distracting for me next week at the track.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)

So since my windshield decided to crack yesterday :mad:(stone chip in the black near the bottom left A-pillar so the crack goes across driver's field of vision). In order to make myself feel better, I'm installing the T2's Tuesday morning! I don't give a sh*t what else has to be done, that is my priority right now.

So my ride to the shop in the morning will be my last on stock struts and RCE yellow/bronze springs for a while. I'm stoked right now. Been waiting for this day for a while, yes I have.........:D

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" July 6 RCE T2 Install Day!!!!! Pix Comi

So a little update on my suspension change. It did not get completed today. T2's are installed loose at the moment. Got pulled away this afternoon after getting all 4 installed and hope to have it back on the ground by Wednesday afternoon. Will drive it around then attempt to realign if all is well. Won't be able to change ride height or corner balance before Waterford.

The old and new shot:

Left camera cable at shop so can't upload pictures.

Droid image of one:

Better Images:

TIC Titanium brake shims installed:

Boxed rear trailing links:

Boxed link with Whiteline goodie (will be installed later this summer):

Kartboy anti clunk bushings:

About quitting time sunload temp on outside thermometer:

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" July 6 RCE T2's are on! Almost done.

There are a number of July improvements yet to be completed, but I am pleased with the progress. Still have to re-install the X-brace which gave me a little trouble as I was trying to shortcut installing the rear coilovers. X-brace won of course. Also need to reinstall tires/wheels, test drive a few miles and come back and throw a quickie alignment to get me through Saturdays DE @ Waterford. Then over the next few weeks I'll get it corner-balanced and aligned properly.

I'm really looking forward to trying out this improvement as I have read others impressions of these coilovers for years!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" July 6 RCE T2's are on! Almost done.

First road pictures after T2 install! Woot, baby! Settings are as received from original owner. Adjustments may occur later.

Mini poll, should I install the RCE lowering camber plates on the front? I think I may later this summer. Looks a little high, what do you think?

Quickie alignment Friday morning, load Friday evening, track day Saturday! Can't wait.

Before image with RCE bronze springs, stock struts, RCE NL camber plates front, Grp N tophats rear:

RCE T2's with Vorshlag camber plates front and rear:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" July 6 RCE T2's are on! New Images Post 128

Nice pictures Darryl!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" July 6 RCE T2's are on! New Images Post 128

Nice pictures Darryl!!!!!
Thanks! I'm excited to run this new combo.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" July 10 Waterford Hills Raceway T2 Impression

Appears I'm entertaining myself, but so what. Just returned from Waterford Hills Raceway, had a great time. Appears the T2's are a great transition from RCE Yellow/bronze springs. Ran them in an unknown setting with who knows what kind of alignment (that's another story) and still had a great time. Car appeared to handle and respond well on this slightly bump filled course. Kinda did not feel bad that the windshield cracked last weekend. Being on course running good incident free made up for it all.

Images and video to be added over the next week. Smugmug link to images from a photographer in attendance=>
Waterford Hills 07-10-10 - mdhmi's Photos

Thought I was going to get a ride in a RS-STi swap, but the selfish driver at the time wasn't taking any riders. Too bad appeared to be a quality car. Guess I have to build my own to experience.

Track map => http://www.waterfordhills.com/track9b.GIF

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" July 10 Waterford Hills Raceway T2 Impression

Looking good man.

I definitely think you should lower the front a touch. Why not just lower the car since you have coilovers though? You shouldn't need to have to get lowering plates...

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

Looking good man.

I definitely think you should lower the front a touch. Why not just lower the car since you have coilovers though? You shouldn't need to have to get lowering plates...
Thanks, I'll be working on the lowering thing once I get a little more time. :naughty:

Dang am I amped from today! :D

·
Registered
446 Posts

Car looks great i wouldnt try to lower the front to much, keep it in the spec's for the T2's and they will be happy. Plus you wont loose a bunch of bump travel. Using some plates like on the spring setup would be ideal if you need to lower it more.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)

Car looks great i wouldnt try to lower the front to much, keep it in the spec's for the T2's and they will be happy. Plus you wont loose a bunch of bump travel. Using some plates like on the spring setup would be ideal if you need to lower it more.
Took it off the trailer this afternoon and it appears they have settled a little after yesterdays track session. Only thing I'll be doing at this point is corner balancing and alignment. I'm happy with the look and just elated by the performance. Can't wait to get back to the track.

Side note, me and the Chasecam are about done or I need to hardwire power to the units as the power cord kept coming out yesterday turning the unit off. So the only footage I got this time is me on open track. Missed all the good footage of me behind the "Stubaru", the SCCA SM Neon with the tripoding rear wheels, the supercharged Mustang and others where we were running well. My son did capture footage of me behind the Stubaru that I will be posting later this week.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

D,
Good talking w you... and running w you !!
Chears...

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

D,
Good talking w you... and running w you !!
Chears...
Cbaru, same, good seeing you again. Hope you had fun, I know I did and will for the rest of the week! :lol:

Short story, took my nephew for a ride around 5pm. He was actually walking in the car trying to get out as we went up the hill, each time.:eek: It was funny. When he said he wanted out, I had to take him around two more times..................:naughty:

121 - 140 of 1545 Posts