IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

nice car and sweet setup. i gotta offer my opinion in regards to your tie downs though. i dont really like the way the straps are x'd in the back. they are almost parallel with the rear of the car and that will allow for the car to move forward and back. you should try to get the straps more parallel with the sides of the car in stead of the rear if you know what i mean. it looks like you are trying to stop side to side movement and you dont really need to do that. sorry if im over stepping my boundries i would hate to see your car come off the trailer!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

looking good man... been following your progress for a while. All the custom stuff is so tasteful...:tup:
Thanks, kinda makes me feel good to be appreciated, as I catch grief from da wifey over this hobby. She calls it the other woman.....:lol:

Good stuff. Definitely diggin the truck/trailer setup. Looking into a setup myself, although the truck probably won't be as nice. Anyways, good luck at M-O. I've been there, but never been on the track. It's definitely on top of my list of tracks I must run on.
RdRacer301....I enjoy following your events and your cars progression as well. Appreciate you sharing your work, car, event images and video. Hope you are not out of the game for long as you have talent. I'm hoping to have a good time at M-O, will be my first time there and hopefully not my last.

nice car and sweet setup. i gotta offer my opinion in regards to your tie downs though. i dont really like the way the straps are x'd in the back. they are almost parallel with the rear of the car and that will allow for the car to move forward and back. you should try to get the straps more parallel with the sides of the car in stead of the rear if you know what i mean. it looks like you are trying to stop side to side movement and you dont really need to do that. sorry if im over stepping my boundries i would hate to see your car come off the trailer!

sti6yr, appreciate the comments and observation. :tup: That was my very first load and pull (only went like 3 blocks never exceeding 30 mph). Ended up doing the tie-down in the dark and it was like strap it and be done with it for now. It goes on again on Saturday so more attention will be paid to proper strapping for the trip to M-O. Again, I'm a first time hauler and appreciate the constructive comments from all.

·
Registered
870 Posts

I don't see any issue with those rear tie downs. Darryl, can you pm me your phone number again? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

what event is going on at mid ohio this weekend?

Private group track rental for some exciting lapping all day Monday! This will be me => :D

Also, noticed this ring around my CF driveshaft! Darn differential is moving enough that there is contact with the driveshaft at the forward top edge of the differential mount (picture coming). Spent about an hour or so clearancing the differential mount, and thought may as well install the Kartboy hardened bushings. Hoping that once I get the outrigger bushings in Saturday that between the stiffer bushings and clearancing the differential mount that I no longer have contact!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Loved Mid-Ohio

Mid Ohio images:

Part of Convoy crew arrives at track:

The wave-by:

Coolblue05's Widebody:

Caged:

My attempt to pace with Coolblue05's Widebody Sti:

An issue discovered before track day:

Issue after track day which I thought was resolved, it appears I just moved the contact point. I'll be installing Kartboy outrigger bushings hoping it resolves the CF driveshaft contact with the tunnel issue. First picture shows original contact point, second picture shows no more original contact, but a new contact point about a foot away. I noticed on hoist that I can still move the differential up and down due to soft OEM outrigger bushings.

Image of one of the outrigger bushings showing gap (which to me indicates opportunity for unnecessary movement):

First picture:

Second picture:

First issue resolved picture (ground away some material covered with blue paint):

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)

Next up: T2 Coilover, added A pillar gauges (Defi EGT-AEM AFR), more bushings, Grp N engine mounts, Crawford V2 AOS, TIC titanium brake insulators, '05 style rear bumper cover with wheel opening visors and Whiteline trailing links installation. Prepping for Waterford track day in July.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts

That looks like pretty deep scoring on the ACPT driveshaft. I have the driveshaft and fortunately no rubbing but I second the outrigger bushings. They were a very easy install and to me made a large difference in the feel of the rear - one of my favorite mods.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)

That looks like pretty deep scoring on the ACPT driveshaft. I have the driveshaft and fortunately no rubbing but I second the outrigger bushings. They were a very easy install and to me made a large difference in the feel of the rear - one of my favorite mods.
Yep, it would appear to be deep to you, but just catches my fingernail, so I estimate less then a mil. I"ll be living with the scoring and we will see what happens. Thanks for the comments about the outrigger bushings. Would have had them installed before my Mid-Ohio trip, but just ran out of time.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts

If you need an extra hand, just PM me. I probably can't offer any installation wisdom, but I can hold something or bring another set of metric wrenches.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

If you need an extra hand, just PM me. I probably can't offer any installation wisdom, but I can hold something or bring another set of metric wrenches.
Will keep that in mind. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #112

Well, hopefully the attached link passes the YouTube test. Abbreviated version of some Mid-Ohio footage of me following that awesome Modified magazine July edition Cover car widebody STi. Actual running footage is 14+ minutes, this one is about 9. The popping is the widebody exhaust. Note, you do not hear the chasecar exhaust at all!

YouTube - Mid Ohio with 3Balls Racing May 24, 2010 Widebody STi chased by Stg 2 STi

·
Registered
161 Posts

Well, hopefully the attached link passes the YouTube test. Abbreviated version of some Mid-Ohio footage of me following that awesome Modified magazine July edition Cover car widebody STi. Actual running footage is 14+ minutes, this one is about 9. The popping is the widebody exhaust. Note, you do not hear the chasecar exhaust at all!

YouTube - Mid Ohio with 3Balls Racing May 24, 2010 Widebody STi chased by Stg 2 STi
Great video Darryl. That STI was defenitely a great looking car but I like your car much better. That car has a lot of JDM bling on it that looks great and probably could perform great too whereas you have put all of your money into function instead of looks. Keep up the great work on your build!

·
Registered
870 Posts

Nice video Darryl!!! Fun times as well! There were some really fast cars in that group, a few of which can be seen on the video, couple high horsepower Z06's, a stock car, and that kit car which is like 1300 lbs with over 500 hp.

Great video Darryl. That STI was defenitely a great looking car but I like your car much better. That car has a lot of JDM bling on it that looks great and probably could perform great too whereas you have put all of your money into function instead of looks. Keep up the great work on your build!
The widebody STi in that video was built for all out function, while looking decent as well... ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" It's NOW or Never! July T2's Still n BOX

Guess that's what I get for trying to be the big man! Said I was going to have the T2's and some other goodies on the car for my next event at Waterford on July 10. What day is today? Guess where the T2's are? Yep, still in the darn box!

Well it's now or never! If they don't get installed by July 9th, I'm selling them!

RCE threads

Official RCE T2 Adjustment thread
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/132170-official-racecomp-engineering-tarmac-ii-settings-thread.html

T2 rear extenders

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/210550-rce-t2-questions-05-sti.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/134165-made-some-adjusters-my-rear-t2s.html

Should I upgrade to 600 # rates
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/160364-rce-tarmac-2s-should-i-upgrade-600-rates.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

Adjustment help
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/152448-rce-t2-damper-adjustment-help.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

Misc
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/127959-pics-racecomp-engineering-tarmac-ii-coilovers-vorshlag-camber-plates.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

RCE T2’s Installed
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/91352-rce-t2s-installed.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers
Swift Springs
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/113646-new-swift-springs-rce-t2s.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

T2 600/500 with Whiteline balljoints
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-and-stiffening/99752-rce-tarmac2s-600-500-wl-balljoints.html?highlight=RCE+coilovers

:banghead:Somebody slap me as I've gone mad! :eek:

Seeing this ^ makes me feel that it will happen. And I need a crew chief.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Garage Queen" It's NOW or Never! July T2's Still n BOX

Did you notice any difference with a CFDS? is response any better or is it just for weight reduction?

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

Did you notice any difference with a CFDS? is response any better or is it just for weight reduction?

It's all subjective of course. My mind keeps telling me its different. Response is different. I notice it moreso when I drive a like vehicle without the CFDS and then get back into my car. I'd like to think in day to day driving that it launches easier. Like all of the other improvements I've made, it helps. In retrospect is it worth the money? I keep telling myself it is/was forever shall be. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

If I lived near you I'd come over now and help you put those bad boys on!
Yeah, that's what I need someone to push me. Right now I got a 1960 T-bird, 1988 Cutlass in the way. :mad: Next week or bust!

101 - 120 of 1545 Posts