IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1545 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Update Post 38, Page 4

Darryl, your last few updates have been pretty crappy to be honest. We need more info...
You are correct. As I have more time, I'll reveal what I've been stocking up on over the winter. Hint, you know I'm a data & suspension junkie, so.......

P&L has been kind, so has TIC as well as WeSellCarParts. At least they all took my money. Gotta mention the forum member making the a-pillar gauge pods, he did a double for me.

I want a DL-1 from Racepak, we will see if that happens before Mid-ohio.

·
Registered
792 Posts

Looks like we will have a ZR 1 Corvette to drool on at Mid Ohio. I will have to get some video. (While standing and watching) :)

See you there,

Tony

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Well finally got to test load the STi for Mid-Ohio trip happening on May 24th. Attempting to load a lowered car is teh suckie! Images will be redone in daylight as it took two hours with having to get more 2x10's to prevent lip scrape.

Five foot ramps will not work loading this car! And to think I complained about changing tires at the track. :(:confused::(:p

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

Solved my trailer loading issue, now on to car prep. DE @ Mid-Ohio next weekend, first event of the year for me, first time at Mid-Ohio!!!!!!

Some daytime images:

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

Nice Sierra and trailer. Those new GM trucks are great.
Thanks, it's been my daily for three years now and I love it too! I'm really looking forward to Mid-Ohio next Monday.

·
Registered
870 Posts

Nice looking setup Darryl, I hope to see you at Mid Ohio, weather permitting. Your setup reminds me that I need to install a winch on my trailer as well. What are the specs on yours?

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

Nice looking setup Darryl, I hope to see you at Mid Ohio, weather permitting. Your setup reminds me that I need to install a winch on my trailer as well. What are the specs on yours?
Funny how the weather outlook changed for this weekend. :tdown: Well won't be the first time I've been to an event and it rained. Thanks for the comments on the setup, got some improvements I'd like to make, but they won't happen by the weekend.

Winch specs are as follows: Chicago Electric 5500lb, item 91780 which I think is sold by Harbor Freight. It was part of the trailer deal and wasn't installed. I just got it on Friday, but can't use it yet as I have no place to hook without fascia damage. I want to use it as I kinda abused the clutch this past weekend test loading. I would much prefer to winch it on/off.

Hope we get dry weather as I really want to see/ride/photograph your car.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Should I install the T2's before this event? I only have to set toe and change tires and fluid otherwise. If I do the T2's, I'll have a whole list of things to do and now I'm time constrained.

Oh, if I did not say, doing a DE event at Mid Ohio on Monday.

·
Registered
792 Posts

Should I install the T2's before this event? I only have to set toe and change tires and fluid otherwise. If I do the T2's, I'll have a whole list of things to do and now I'm time constrained.
Since we are a few days away I wouldnt dive into the T2s yet. The install should be pretty straight forward, but if anything goes wrong your in trouble, and out of time. To much stress at this point.
(said the old bull)
I have all the installs done. Except for filling the gas tank she's ready to load.

I am debating on taking the street tires just in case the track gets wet some how. I dont want to change tires not even a little.

STIs have loops bolted to the frame probably to strap them down to the boat. They work great for hooking up to the trailer. You maybe to low to take advantage.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts

I'd probably wait too. You're going to want to dial them in some so give yourself some time.

You should have done the install a couple weeks ago Darryl! Or over the winter...

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

Since we are a few days away I wouldnt dive into the T2s yet. The install should be pretty straight forward, but if anything goes wrong your in trouble, and out of time. To much stress at this point.
(said the old bull)
I have all the installs done. Except for filling the gas tank she's ready to load.

I am debating on taking the street tires just in case the track gets wet some how. I dont want to change tires not even a little.

STIs have loops bolted to the frame probably to strap them down to the boat. They work great for hooking up to the trailer. You maybe to low to take advantage.
I agree on not changing to the T2's, especially going to a new track. Will most likely change between MO and the Waterford event. I'm also thinking about taking street tires or just leaving the street tires on and changing at the track (defeats my whole purpose). I changed tires at the track once and never want to do it ever again, never! Then again, I may just change to the Nitto's leave the street tires home and baby it all day if it rains all day. I just want to drive MO and have since I was in college.

I'm using through the wheel straps as the car is too low to hook to the front hooks. Worked great during last weeks test pull.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)

I'd probably wait too. You're going to want to dial them in some so give yourself some time.

You should have done the install a couple weeks ago Darryl! Or over the winter...
Yes, you are right about doing the install over the winter. But the car is usually in storage over the winter and not available for any work. If I ever redo the engine then the car will be at the shop all winter.

To be honest I actually decided I would not install the T2's till after MO as I only did one event after the hub upgrade and the car felt sooooooooooo gooooooooooood 2 me! I know it will be even better after the T2's are installed and dialed in.

I have a laundry list of crap to add:

A-pillar pod with Defi Egt and AEM A/F gauge
Crawford V2 AOS
Group N engine/trans mounts
Whiteline roll center kit
Prodrive boost solenoid
DL1 Data recorder
'07 rear bumper cover with fender arches
JDM front bumper beam
Plumb the RCE cooling ducts into the foglamp covers
P&L turbo oil feed lines
TIC Titanium front brake rotor/caliper spacers
Ported throttle body
Grimmspeed ported exhaust
Friggen 4 year old brand new Hella horns

:p:p:pother things that I've forgotten as the boxes have not been opened yet.:p:p:p

Suede steering wheel
Project Kic's 26 or 40 lugnuts depending upon stud length

·
Registered
870 Posts

Darryl, 78 degrees and sunny for Monday! I am almost done finishing a few odds and ends on the STi. Just installed the CL brake pads and can't wait to test those out! Plus, my Oswald Subframe just came in, so I'll get that on before Monday as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)

So, got the engine oil/filter and coolant changed today. Also got this installed:

2005 STi suede wheel and airbag.

Still have some other stuff to do as well, will be back at Thursday morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Darryl, 78 degrees and sunny for Monday! I am almost done finishing a few odds and ends on the STi. Just installed the CL brake pads and can't wait to test those out! Plus, my Oswald Subframe just came in, so I'll get that on before Monday as well.
Yes, I looked at the outlook this morning, way better then earlier predictions. :cool: n
Saw the pad boxes in your thread, sounds great.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

where can i get those floormats?
One of a kind my man. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts

looking good man... been following your progress for a while. All the custom stuff is so tasteful...:tup:

·
Registered
3,820 Posts

Good stuff. Definitely diggin the truck/trailer setup. Looking into a setup myself, although the truck probably won't be as nice. Anyways, good luck at M-O. I've been there, but never been on the track. It's definitely on top of my list of tracks I must run on.

81 - 100 of 1545 Posts