IW STi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1545 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" --2011 Plans - Is Corn on Horizon?- Post 200

Hard to believe my car is now 8 years old. Wow, can't get my arms around that. Car still seems new to me every Spring when it gets exiled from the garage. Anyway, new year......what to do? Think I'm going to just run what I have this year as every year prior to this I've changed some suspension component.

Happy New Year to all. Hope to see some of you at the lapping events this year.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" --2011 Plans - Is Corn on Horizon?- Post 200

You won't be able to get off the juice. :lol:

Have you looked into paralleling the fuel rails? You don't need to upgrade the rails, they will flow plenty for your goals.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts

Anyway, new year......what to do? Think I'm going to just run what I have this year as every year prior to this I've changed some suspension component.
I thought you were getting the TiC bushings for the lateral links and trailing arms? How about an ALK or roll center / bump steer kit? Install your engine mounts and JDM bumper beam, maybe add a lightweight rear bumper beam? I think we're both eyeballing those fender flares.

Did you ever figure out what the pop and vibration was, or fix the crack in the windshield?

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)

I thought you were getting the TiC bushings for the lateral links and trailing arms? How about an ALK or roll center / bump steer kit? Install your engine mounts and JDM bumper beam, maybe add a lightweight rear bumper beam? I think we're both eyeballing those fender flares.

Did you ever figure out what the pop and vibration was, or fix the crack in the windshield?
Dang Joey, just air my dirty laundry.....;)

I have all the above that you've listed yet to do in the spring. I've got boxes of parts yet to be installed. Just trying to talk myself out of any major engine work as car is fast enough to cause a great deal of damage if not properly massaged. :rolleyes: And yes, those fender flares are pure sex, yes they are if I must say so myself. But that creates another issue, I'm not ready for 18 x 10 wheels and the associated rubber to fill the flares. I'd have to get a street set as well as track set. That would just blow the budget yet another year! I've been whoring this car long enough as it is, she's starting to get old. (if you know what I mean)

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" --2011 Plans - Changing by the minute. what 2

Dog gone home theater upgrade took my turbo/injector upgrade money. But race viewing just went to a whole new level.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille" --2011 Plans - Changing by the minute. what 2

^^You must post pics!!!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts

Great journal! I clicked on your journal because I thought maybe 2004.7 meant a 2004 with a 2007 front end :) Although I much prefer the function of form approach.

Looking good!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #208

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the journal.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #210

i've got the exact same rims as you. i subd for when you post updates. :)

They are nice rims. I want to see how the 255/40/17 Nitto Nt-01's will look on them. But that won't happen for another couple of months (Spring).

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #212

Glycerin, I've run a used set of 245/45/17 NT-01's on stock wheels for about 5 track days. I absolutely love this tire. That is the reason I'm buying another set for this upcoming track lapping season. They are good and stickie, provide adequate feedback at limit for my driving style and seem to wear appropriately with my setup. I'm down to the cords on one tire and don't feel comfortable running them any longer (like some of the other guys I've run with).

So the 2011 plans for tires/wheels are to:

Swap the RE-01's from the used set of RPF-1's to the new RPF-1's (same as old wheel).
Install new 255/40/17 Nitto Nt-01'S onto the used set of RPF-1's, force balance.
Run them like I stole them at Mid Ohio, Grattan and maybe one other track.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Was checking your journal to see how your track events are going. I forget about the little thing called winter. Good luck for when you can get started.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

Was checking your journal to see how your track events are going. I forget about the little thing called winter. Good luck for when you can get started.
\\

You guys able to start down there already? My first event this year will be Mid-Ohio in May. Looking forward to getting out again.

Also, we had a weeks thaw, then got hit today with like 6-7 inches of snow!

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #217

you poor guys! im going to VIR on feb28-Mar1!! weather should be a little cloudy around 68-70 degrees. :D
Yes, I am jealous! Final total for snow was 11 inches in my driveway and 18 degrees this morning.

My HPDE events for 2011 right now are as follows:

Mid Ohio May and September
Grattan two days August

I'd like to hit one new track this year. Don't know which one as yet. Also plan to hit one MSCC autocross event and one DRSCCA autocross event if they change their format to not tie you up for the entire day.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)

New addition, we will see how it works out.

And the majority of these boxes are still unopened. Talk about waste:

Do I even remember what's in them? Should be Defi coolant gauge, Mishimoto hoses, AEM AFR gauge, various bushings, Grp N motor mounts, A pillar pod, Crawford V2 AOS, Defi exhaust temp gauge. Don't know what else, guess I need to open them.

·
Registered
870 Posts

^^nice, now get those boxes open! I have that same tow hook on the flat black wrx. You will love it.

201 - 220 of 1545 Posts