IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened tonight to my 2013 STI. I can see that this area is deformed compared to the other side. Looks like it missed hitting the bumper and went straight into the frame. What do you guys think this will run? Will this car become a salvage title or something?

For comparison, the other side

I am very, very sad at the moment...

·
Registered
40 Posts
did you get quoted from a body shop yet?

i dont know what the specific details are in your state about salvage title but generally its only only when the cost of repairs exceed a certain percentage of the vehicle's value.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happened literally two hours ago. I'll take it in tomorrow or this weekend.. :crying:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone experience a repair to this area before and have some ideas of cost and other issues?

·
Registered
497 Posts
we arent bodymen, just go take it to the shop and see. chances are you will deal with insurance company. id ball park it at a 2-3k~

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, but who cares what it will run...

You said you were rear ended, which would indicate the other person is at fault (generally speaking). So their insurance will cover your repairs and loaner car.

Also I wouldn't wait either. Call the other persons insurance company immediately, chances are the other individual has already opened a claim (if they were truely at fault). So all you need to do is get the car to a shop and get the loaner (9 of 10 times loaners are waiting for you at the body shop).

IF it truely wasn't your fault, (which I'm starting to question now as I write this, because you are asking us what it will cost when you were rear-ended), then get it taken care of sooner rather than later. And don't say you don't have the time...You took the time to pull your bumper off (unless the accident did it;)), take pictures, and post it all online. When you could have been on the phone with insurance and been done, only to drop your car off before work the next day (or today), get a loaner, and have your car back by end of the next week or beginning of the following week.

FYI - Insurance companies take phone claims 24/7, so you could have called last night.

Listen I'm a huge slacker at times too, but you don't want to slack with insurance companies. They are a bitch to work with sometimes. They see you slacking...trust me they will start slack too. They will do anything to keep your money.

As for salvage, LOL. It's a new car, with very little damage in the scheme of things. So no, it's no where close to a salvage title. I betting maybe $2-3K (if that) in damages (bumper replacement, possibily rear quarter repair, sub-frame repair or replacement, some plastic bracketing, paint and done).

Also a lawyer and doctor once told me. Always go to the doctor, even if nothing hurts. Not to scam insurance at all, but because sometimes that deep soft tissue damage can rear its ugly head months, even years later (specifically in the neck from whiplash). That way there you are covered if that does happen. Both the lawyer and doctor have seen this happen. Again I am not promoting fraud or insurance scams, just giving good honest advice from professionals in the field.

And trust me when you mention hospital to an insurance company, you will get a call the next day to try and settle. Don't because that will relieve them of there financial obligation to you if something should pop up later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes there is unforeseen damages that come up later in the adjusters estimate. New cars get totalled very easily these days. Anyway, if they find enough damge to total your car, ask them how much to buy to the car back from the insurane company...i would be very interested to hear what they say and would possibly like to purchase the car from you at that point. I dont have pm privileges so if you wouldnt mind just shooting me an email: [email protected], thatd be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I just went through almost the same situation a few months ago. My drivers side fender got creamed by a guy that ran the stop sign. The icing on the cake was that he had no insurance either :[ Best of luck with the repairs, the car will back together smoothly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happened tonight to my 2013 STI. I can see that this area is deformed compared to the other side. Looks like it missed hitting the bumper and went straight into the frame. What do you guys think this will run? Will this car become a salvage title or something?

Image Link

For comparison, the other side

Image Link

I am very, very sad at the moment...
That's your rear body panel. Assuming your decklid isn't damaged, this isn't a big deal at all. They'll most likely just replace your rear body panel, new OEM bumper, new bumper reinforcement, new bumper absorber. Paint the body panel to match OEM paint, paint new bumper, give to you looking brand spankin' new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts