IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much have a stock STi only with an intake and today a cop pulls up right next to me at a stock light and tells me to pop open my hood. Well knowing that I had to obey the law I opened my hood and told him I had an intake. He told me to pull over to the next gas station and he write me up with having a loud exhaust (I have a stock exhaust), for having bald tires (i have a goddamn 06 with 18k miles), and no EO# for the intake.

The thing that pissed me off was that he told me to pop open my hood at a traffic light. (kind of unsafe if you know what i mean... what happens if it turns green?)

watch out stock sti's in cali they are coming after your car

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Fix it tickets

- Goto court
- Prove its a stock exhaust
- Show pics of tires with penny in them, and how old the car is
- Show CARB slip for intake

I H8 cops!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
lol that sux . . . well i got pulled over for "racing my dad" . . . 50 in a 45 zone lol . . . and he was like yea i know ur souped up so take it easy on the road man . . . im like okay thanks . . . let me off with a warning . . . :confused:

PoPo sux :busted: :busted: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
just throw intake back to stock, it takes 5 mins for typhoon. and go to court and say its stock. god damn cops have nothing better to do. but yet when corvette with turbo charger and catless exhaust is an enthusiast

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
^^damn dude, you must really hate cops

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
got pulled over for stock exhaust last christmas, disbute and won.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Damn, I'm glad I don't live in California. I've blasted by cops here with my cobb exhaust and typhoon intake and they'd never think to waste time pulling me over because of my exhaust.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hell, I've even shown cops my car/engine at one point on purpose, granted I know the guy, but his partner was like "oh I see you got one of those fart cans" I say, Yeah, so? It's a cat-back, it's legal. They smiled. Showed em my motor, their eyes got all big lol. "what's all that piping? You have it chromed?" All in all they were cool. I think CA cops are dinks over it because it's part of their culture out there......oh and the law. It gives them a reason to stop you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Muffnbluff said:
Damn, I'm glad I don't live in California. I've blasted by cops here with my cobb exhaust and typhoon intake and they'd never think to waste time pulling me over because of my exhaust.
Same here in East Texas they never pull us over for loud exhaust, I first heard of this and thought it was a joke or perhaps a horrible dream of sorts.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Take the Typhoon off, and get it waived.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
aznboi320 said:
I pretty much have a stock STi only with an intake and today a cop pulls up right next to me at a stock light and tells me to pop open my hood. Well knowing that I had to obey the law I opened my hood and told him I had an intake. He told me to pull over to the next gas station and he write me up with having a loud exhaust (I have a stock exhaust), for having bald tires (i have a goddamn 06 with 18k miles), and no EO# for the intake.

The thing that pissed me off was that he told me to pop open my hood at a traffic light. (kind of unsafe if you know what i mean... what happens if it turns green?)

watch out stock sti's in cali they are coming after your car

Wtf??? Dude take this to court.. First of all he cant tell you to "pop your hood" without probable cause "which he did not have!". Secondly he then writes you up for exhaust? Take it to court and fight it. If your exhaust is quieter than 95 Db at 3 meters you are good to go....

·
Registered
656 Posts
ScoobyInc said:
Fix it tickets

- Goto court
- Prove its a stock exhaust
- Show pics of tires with penny in them, and how old the car is
- Show CARB slip for intake

I H8 cops!
Yup, do this and all it will cost the OP is a little hassle but at least you'll have the satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
God I hate CA cops and I dont even live there.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
you hate cops until you need them to save your life, or your family member's. it's just a ticket, given to you by an ignorant cop. FYI there are a lot of stupid people out there, whether they are cops or not.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts