IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!! What an incredible car!!! Nothing like a "regular" WRX.

one problem...(have'nt had time to go to the dealer). My intercooler sprayer was working fine when I picked up the car but now it doesnt work. It used to sound like the wiper sprayer but now all I hear is a faint "click" on the right side of the cabin. I had a friend turn the car on while the hood was open and push the button, but no water came out :( Is there a fuse? Maybe I just got button happy and broke it. What are warranties for anyways? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

P.S. VERY hard to keep under 4K!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greddy turbo timers

congrats! :D

mmm... i don't know the answer to your problem, but i'm sure some other peeps here does. good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you think that maybe the water is frozen and can not run through? The water resevoir for the inner cooler spray is actually in the trunk not under the hood.
When you pop the trunk there is a compartment on the right side where the water container is, with these cold temps, I would not be suprised if the water is frozen. Let me know. When I picked mine up they they showed me the container and the water was frozen so I can't use it until it gets warmer. :cry:
Just more to play with later I guess! :D

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
stigrl,

You bet. It will freeze on outside temps below32F. Just dump a little windshield washer fluid as to keep it from becoming an iceberg.

·
Registered
354 Posts
mines been frozen too since i picked it up..been dying to use it..

·
Registered
8 Posts
elucas730 said:
In case no one noticed, the original poster posted on AUGUST 6, 2003. I don't think his intercooler water was frozen.
Good point, depends on what state he is in, or country. That does not say. It would suck if he has an STi where it is that cold all of the time though

·
Registered
8 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
stigrl,

You bet. It will freeze on outside temps below32F. Just dump a little windshield washer fluid as to keep it from becoming an iceberg.
I was told only to put water in it and that if you could not drink it then you should not put it in there. Last time I checked you are not suppose to drink washer fluid because it has in ammonia in it and could make you sick. My sales person was very intent about not putting anthing else but water in the resevoir.
Maybe your source is better then mine. Who told you that you could do that? Please let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts