IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I took delivery of a Silver/Silver on Saturday morning and have already put 300 miles on her! Went to Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) this weekend and had a blast driving around the mountains. Longmont Subaru gave me 500 below invoice (29.5K) with armrest, boost guage, compass/mirror, and alarm. She even threw in a free oil change, 6yr 75K mile drivetrain warrantee, and TWO sets of floormats (rubber and black cloth STi)... because another dealer was going to give me this and she wanted the sale. I HIGHLY advise dealing with this dealer if you are in Colorado. Speak to Deb Salisbury... the internet sales manager. She is the best dealer employee that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. After 10 minutes ON THE PHONE the deal was worked out and she put a temporary sold tag on the car.

I picked up a set of Dunlop M2's today from a local tire shop that had them as 'take-offs'. Barely used as a demo for a magazine and I got them for 79 dollars a piece mounted and ballanced. The little rubber pokey things are still sticking off the edges of the tire so I don't think they've been used that much! Can anyone give me a quick (i'm sure this has been beaten to death) rundown on how to properly break in? Thanks!

TL

·
Registered
43 Posts
congrats on the car, I got mine for under invoice as well, but had to fly 1300 miles and drive her back home (which wasn't a bad thing). Proper break in consist solely of keeping it under 4K RPM's for the first 1K miles and I think that's it. Much controversy has been made on when to do the first oil change, but the manual says 3k miles and that is what I am going to do. I changed my WRX's oil at 1500 and there was some large metal shavings in there etc., which scares me, but I will wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SWEET. This is one of the first decent deals I've heard of west of the Mississippi! Good 'ol Colorado! (I'm biased, I grew up in Delta)

C'mon CA dealers, get yer act together!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Why americas military dominates all

ScottYu said:
SWEET. This is one of the first decent deals I've heard of west of the Mississippi! Good 'ol Colorado! (I'm biased, I grew up in Delta)

C'mon CA dealers, get yer act together!
i work in car sales myself. and sometimes it all comes down to being in the right place at the time. if a store is doing great and sells alot, its a bit harder to grind. try the middle of the week on a rainy day and as close to the end of the month as possible. we have bosses we need to impress and quotas to meet. some would do whatever it takes to make one more sale. :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's what the MSRP was on mine I think. All I had to do was threaten with going with another dealer that was going to go below invoice.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'am trying for the same thing, I'am real close at $100 over invoice, no options, love to see how many miles to Dallas to see if it worth the drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up my White/Silver STI in Shingle Springs, CA Subaru for 500 under invoice. No mats though. I used the rubber mats from the WRX. They seem be be decent for now. I would highly recommend this dealer. They had a choice of three when I bought mine back in November.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts