IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my STI back from GT Motorsports today! I already had all the bolt-ons so this time it went in for PE 850cc injectors Perrin fuel rails, fuel pump, XS Engineering Ignition Amp, Perrin Crank Pulley, TX down pipe and Blitz boost controller. With the boost controller set at 1BAR it put down 306whp and 328wtq!! An increase was achieved from my previous run of 292whp and 298wtq. I am very satisfied with the work that Sam put into dyno tuning my car safely with Ecutek. I have another setting at 1.3BAR but I forgot to ask how much power it put down at that setting.:tup: :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
good numbers man, looks like another satisfied customer from gt motorsports! sam is the man!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
With the boost controller set at 1BAR it put down 306whp and 328wtq!!
I might be totally out to lunch here, but doesn't a stock STi boost to 1 BAR? So why would you need a boost controller only to use stock boost levels?

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
05_GD7 said:
I might be totally out to lunch here, but doesn't a stock STi boost to 1 BAR? So why would you need a boost controller only to use stock boost levels?
Yeah, how come? 1 Bar is stock boost. 1.3 is what, like 19 lbs.? Doesn't your ecutek tune take care fo the boost levels for you? I could very well be wrong but something seems lil dangerous here...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got protuned today out @ Agile Performance in Timonium...(hill is the MAN!!!) Final numbers were 303 AWHP & 328FPT @ 21psi....GM Boost solenoid & stg1 Colder plugs were installed too....;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually STI'S dont make full boost till about 5th and 6th gear. Thats without a boost controller. Before the latest upgrades Ecutek would only push boost to about 17psi, but then would taper off beacuse the lack of fuel. Now with the boost controller I have full boost 1BAR thru all the gears if I punch it. Fuel upgrades were done to set me up for and FP Green later. According to Sam 1.3Bar is about 18psi. He said that the vf-39 is only efficient at that level of boost. Anything higher you get nothing out of it. I trust Sam and Nick there at the shop. I heard nothing but good things about them and their work. I highly recommened them for your STI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts