IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 3 nervous and paranoid weeks of waiting, my STi is back from the shop with a new hood, new radiator support, new bumper and new headlights.

They body shop was actually very nice. My dad called every few days to check on the status and I don't think there were any problems (I know some body shops don't like people calling too often). But anyway, the body shop did a good job with the paint and everything. If you study really carefully the edge where the hood closes, you can tell that the left side is maybe a millimeter higher than the right side, but I decided that wasn't worth complaining about since that could happen from all sorts of things. They went ahead and replaced everything, even the headlights which just had small scratches on them, and they agreed to give the headlights back to me so I can clear them or something some time.

Total cost came out to $4300 (good thing i have insurance!) except I can't understand the receipt they gave me... parts were $2700... but there's only three parts listed: LF Mazda, Parts Mazda and Back Beam. None of which make any sense to me (it's a Mazda, Nissan, Subaru dealer though)... but whatever, the car checks out and doesn't have a mazda hood or anything. Car drives as well as ever (the fender bender didn't affect any of the mechanics in the first place).

Yay!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i was driving it and it feels good. I'm glad the damage was pretty much just cosmetic. I realized that I'm scared of flooring it in first gear... i'm scared that I won't be able to shift fast enough!

Total miles now is 2200. I don't know if the insurance will go up... i guess i might just have to wait for policy renewal time...

Still need to get them to pay for my clearbra too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts