IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nov. 7th I sent a fax to 10 dealers w/in 4 hours of me, w/ details on the color/options, price I would pay, and my time frame (April 04).

The calls started coming in; w/in 30 minutes, I had a deal: receive the car in April @ $1150 off MSRP-exactly as I wanted it.

Then Wed. the phone rings and its a different dealer saying there is an STI (just off the truck) I might want. I say I'm not prepared to pay until April. Then they offer me $1450 off MSRP, delivery now, and NO payments until April!!! :eek: I almost peed myself.

I go drive the car (love it, of course), do the math, and find out it will only cost me and extra $600 (additional interest and sales tax due to the deal structure) to take delievery now and postphone the payments til April. But... I had a sales tax credit for $1200 expiring at the end of the month (from the sale of my Maxima in June). So, I actually come out $600 ahead by taking early delivery, delaying payment, and using my tax credit.

Bottom Line: $31,450 "out the door", w/:
wheel locks, auto-mirror, arm rest, alarm, hood protector & fog lights.

The black STI slept at its new home last night! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Stikya, you in Kansas City? Would you mind telling me who that dealer was?

I am 2 hours south of you and wouldn't mind hooking up with that dealer when I go to purchase mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top speed?

Stikya,
Did you get financed through Subaru and do you have any more details. I'm in the same boat you are, or should I say were :lol:
RacerX

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is friggin' AWESOME! I hope it's that easy for me! Which online sites did you use?
Subaru.com dealer locater, to get all the dealers in my area and their contact info.

racerx said:
Stikya,
Did you get financed through Subaru and do you have any more details. I'm in the same boat you are, or should I say were :lol:
RacerX
The dealer financed it for me, but through a Chase Bank.

[If you have great credit, Subaru offers 3 months dealyed payments at no charge-I didn't get that (ex-wife! won't go into details).]

Basically, the dealer fronts the $$ to make the payments until April, via a check to the buyer. He then adds that into the price of the loan. If you do the math, you pay a couple hundred extra bucks in taxes and interest over the life of the loan. But it may be worth it (like my situation) or you may not care.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Wow.. Congrats and enjoy the car..
Post pix perhaps...

Stikya said:
7 days ago, I sent a fax to 10 dealers w/in 4 hours of me, w/ details on the color/options, price I would pay, and my time frame (April 04).

The calls started coming in; w/in 30 minutes, I had a deal: receive the car in April @ $1150 off MSRP-exactly as I wanted it.

Then Wed. the phone rings and its a different dealer saying there is an STI (just off the truck) I might want. I say I'm not prepared to pay until April. Then they offer me $1450 off MSRP, delivery now, and NO payments until April!!! :eek: I almost peed myself.

I go drive the car (love it, of course), do the math, and find out it will only cost me and extra $600 (additional interest and sales tax due to the deal structure) to take delievery now and postphone the payments til April. But... I had a sales tax credit for $1200 expiring at the end of the month (from the sale of my Maxima in June). So, I actually come out $600 ahead by taking early delivery, delaying payment, and using my tax credit.

--EDIT--
Bottom Line: $31,450 "out the door", w/:

·
Registered
354 Posts
poor car

any point in the right direction for that hood scoop grill or did yah just make it on ur own?

thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
nice car, nice screen, I guess u put it in right away...
There are many links about the hood scoop grill.. and one of the vendors sells are ready kit or go DIY route.. Search for it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATS Triple Plate Carbon Clutch pics!

Hi Stikya

Congrats on the deal and the car! I'm in the area also and I've been over to Jack Miller a couple of times. If you don't mind me asking... Did you have to put a large down payment?

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stikya said:
Nov. 7th I sent a fax to 10 dealers w/in 4 hours of me, w/ details on the color/options, price I would pay, and my time frame (April 04).

Bottom Line: NO $ DOWN - $31,450 "out the door", w/:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts