IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was not my day. I made the two and a half hour trip up to Kansas City from Wichita, KS to watch my sorry ass 49ers not show up and play ball against the Chiefs. I then left and made the two and half hour trip back home. Now I was driving pretty fast cruising on the highway doing about 90-100, but I've never heard of this happening yet: I got back to where I live in Wichita KS, and stopped at a local car wash. When I got around to the front of my car I noticed that my passenger side foglight cover was gone! Now I have really no idea where I lost it because I never heard anything on the way home that made me think I might have lost something. I guess I'll have to wait and try to find a used one unless someone knows where I can get a foglight cover for a WRB '04 STI complete with stickers.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Might of gotten stolen in the parking lot, although why only one would be taken is strange.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BillFromTR said:
Might of gotten stolen in the parking lot, although why only one would be taken is strange.
I know I lost it on the highway on my way home because I rode up to the stadium with my brother in his car. I wasn't about to leave my car in the parking lot of a major sporting event. Especially when I'm not cheering for the home team.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
It happens. Also, you can use a sheetmetal screw to bind the tab to the bumper cover. Makes it harder to steal and it probably won't fall off it it jars loose.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I was driving from CO to NY. I believe I didn't put it fully back on. That combined with the heavy winds and the tumble weed that hit my front end took it off. You should be able to go on one of the subaru sites to get just one.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
i've heard of the hood scoop coming off when doing 100+ but never the foglight cover.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
sorry bro hope everything is ok

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That sucks about your fog cover. The same thing actually happened to a friend of mine about a week ago, it was his drivers side cover though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts