IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I have a extra monitor laying around, I was gonna sell it in Ebay but I'm not gonna make a lot so decided to use it. So here is my crazy Idea addition to my In-dash Tv, It's good for car show I guess.

BACK

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Hey, that's not bad at all! Great use of an available mounting point without sacrificing the utility of the dome light.

Bravo! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The beauty of it you can remove anytime you want it, it saves space just connect your ps2 or what ever you want. I'll post more picture later, oh jaguar just a in dash tv in the dash nothing special just run the wires in the ceiling :D

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
wow Pinoy...that's sick! How long did it take to put in? :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: matching gauge colors.

PINOYWRXSTI04 said:
:D I have a extra monitor laying around, I was gonna sell it in Ebay but I'm not gonna make a lot so decided to use it. So here is my crazy Idea addition to my In-dash Tv, It's good for car show I guess.

BACK
I'm not a big fan of video in the car, but that is a nice elegant solution. Nicely done.

-st

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Favorite exhaust?

Thanks Singletrack for the feedback, to mount it, is easy to make the hanger for the Tv took me a little bit longer. Anyone is interested in my project let me know I'll remove the the hanger and take a pictures steps to make it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

first I get a piece of metal sheet bend it put to holes on it (hole 1) for the ziptight and one for the screw (hole 2) passing the metal sheet. >>B4 you do (hole 2) read next instruction so you don't make the mistake I did I miss the hole for the screw.

remove the screw cut the plastic just enough to pass the metal sheet through it REMEMBER DONT GET TO CARRY AWAY!!! "DON'T CUT THE PLASTIC ALL THE WAY" Just enough to see the metal in the hole then drill the metal (hole 2) then put a line groove to set the end of the metal plate, DONT CUT THE PLASTIC ALL THE WAY JUST A STRAIGHT LINE. Just to sit the end of the metal plate.(on the next pix)

YOu may wonder how did I run my wires, simple just run the wire from the underneath the glove to the pillar mount, when you wires is in the pillar side, I took a hanger the one you get from the cleaners straighten it, then stick it from the dome light hole towards the pillar mount side, I suggest you remove the 2 screws from the visors so you have a better time navigating the hanger wire. When you finally see the end of the hanger to the pillar mount side( I know took me a while to see the end of the wire)
tape the end of the wire for the tv screen to the end of the wire end, make sure you put enough, so when you pull it from the light dome side you won't loose the wire and do it all over again. So when you finish cutting and drilling if you want to paint it or put a vinyl cf sticker like I did. If you have anymore question just ask me if you still don't understand it.
It's not a great modification "All I can say is I did it all by myself and I'm proud of it." :)
BTW make sure you have a dremel, its the best tool you ever own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts