IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into the dealership for the first time after learning of the existence of the American STi.. only to find a POOR LONELY Silver/Gold STi sitting in the showroom!

They were asking $5k over MSRP here. Security system is on it..
total sticker was $36,775 (that includes destination b.s. and the security system). I didn't have the guts to beat them down any lower than the $34,000 we settled on. :(

They gave me a great number for my trade-in though.. $9,500. Black 2000 Honda Civic Si with 41k miles. It has massive amounts of tiny dents all over it from falling hickory nuts at my house.. I know.. I'm a lazy bum! Earlier today before I went to the Subaru dealership I got a Dent-Wizard appraisal of the damage to my Si... $1,567! The paint job is also a mess.. scuffs in many places.. clear coat is all but ruined too.

Believe me.. the STi is gonna be going in the GARAGE every time I get home!

All in all, I don't feel cheated. :)

I'm going to pick it up on thursday (today is monday) since I have to get my car audio system removed and the factory system put back in to my Si before I can do the trade-in. They're getting an absolutely MINT factory stereo in that baby when I pull it up to trade it in.. 8)

I'm planning on driving it up to Raleigh, NC (roughly a 4 hour trip each way) to catch the IMAX premier (for this, the closest [true] IMAX theater to my house) of The Matrix Reloaded this weekend to take a bite out of the break-in miles.. 8)

Once I get my car stereo installed I'm also going to have the most advanced security system known to man added on at the same time. :wink: No idea how that's gonna jive with the factory security system though. We'll see... :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Over MSRP... oh well, as long as you are happy I guess. You will have to post pics because I think this is the first silver/gold STi I have heard of anyone getting. There was a poll not to long ago that had all the color combos that people had and last I saw it there were no silver/golds picked on there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts