IW STi Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
i also just turned 43.. my midlife crisis car was a 911 turbo, which made me quickly realize i was in a midlife crisis and sold it - only to get another STi.

oh, and mtb too!

Image Link
Congrats on the new RS. I looked seriously at them before deciding on the STI. For me, I have just always wanted an STI and couldn't be happier.

I too am 43, and shortly after getting my STI, bought a new Mt Bike. I live in the Santa Cruz mountains so it kind a way of life here. Definitely a high risk sport and I have a long list of injuries over the years. Just love the rush of a high speed technical descent.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have never been a fan of Sti but after owning one, it's a love hate relationship. It didn't disappoint in terms of performance but oh man I dreaded driving it for daily commute nowadays, it's gets old with all the rattle and road noise. Luckily the Focus RS have just that little amount of sound proofing which makes it more bearable but I do appreciate what each brings to the table even at their stock power levels.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Yeah, I've never been in an earlier STI for comparison, but I've been told that the 2018 has better sound deadening, but it still gets a little annoying to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,398 Posts
I'd take m177 tuned odds over EJ257 stock/tuned/on a bench odds any day of the week, even with the cost multiple included.
I have multiple toys, so it's not like I don't have other significantly better motors to play with.

Yeah, I've never been in an earlier STI for comparison, but I've been told that the 2018 has better sound deadening, but it still gets a little annoying to me.
The older STi's did not have sound deadening... At. All.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts