IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How long should I wait before I wax it? I was always under the impression that you should wait ~3 months.

2. If I want to put on the rock protector clear plastic, should I wait to wax it because it will interfere with the proper stick?

3. What happened to the rear diff protector that seemed to be the manditory add-on for last years WRX's?

4. Thinking of just going with the stock Subie speakers since until I decide to upgrade later. How bad to they really suck?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Should I get it?

1: You can wax it as soon as you want. Modern paint is already cured by the time it leaves the factory, plus it has probably had a 1 to 2 month trip to the US.

2: I don't know. You could always wax it now and then use soap to take the wax back off later.

3: I'd say don't waste the money on the diff protector even if it was available. I didn't get one for my WRX and I have had it stuck in mud. I think its just a "thing" that they can list as an option.

4: You would be getting the same speakers as are in the WRX. They are fine for me. I added a small sub just to make them a little better. On the other hand, what you pay now for the subaru audio will go a long ways on aftermarket stuff.

Congrats on the new ride.

-Lance

M

·
0 Posts
There isn't any real reason to get the stock speakers. You will be able to get a far better aftermarket set for the same cost or less. You are going to have to install them either way, so I would say don't do that.

mist

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Re: the speeker issue, I was hoping for drop-in replacements, which is why I was thinking of going with the stock ones. However, looking at the audio/electronics section here, people have been advised to get an amp, get big-old speekers with modded adapters, etc. I'm just trying to limit the headache that goes with buying an audio system.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hayasa said:
1. How long should I wait before I wax it? I was always under the impression that you should wait ~3 months.
I put Zaino on mine the second day I had it and im very glad I did. The paint is as smooth as glass and it will be well protected (and last) for a long time.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wax and polymer coatings use different mechanisms......natural wax isn't something you want on fresh paint. By the time the car gets across the pond, you're golden. If you have something painted, time to wait.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well I can at least help you with one question, our company Invisiguard installs 3M paint protection film in the SF bay area. Any good installer will chemically strip the area they will work on prior to installation for proper adhesion, so you should probably save your time and wax till its installed.

As for the speakers, I was at Magnolia HI-FI yesterday and they had kenwood component speakers with neodium(sp) magnets that were tiny yet very powerfull, they looked like they would fit. I'll find out th especs on them tommorow :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts