IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled in to park. heard a loud friggin scraping noise...

pulled back out... more scraping noise.

turns out that the asphalt has collapsed in the stall i pulled into, making it even lower...

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I did the same thing--- I need to get it fixed.. :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
dude I did the same thing going into a stupid blockbuster. but its not too bad and not visible unless you are under the car. still sucks though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Please help, need to prgram a remote

me too - at 300 miles. Very light for me though.

We will have to admit at some point that its just gonna happen and a little bit of front-undercarrage scrape cannot be avoided :roll:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did it in my sister's driveway. Pulled in verrry slowly, heard it scrape, pulled back.

Not visible, but you can feel it. :x Guess that's why she drives a freakin SUV.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The very first park job I attempted today after picking her up......I said "naw, I'm aways back" and turned her off. I was MAYBE 1/8" from the curb and facing downhill. I've never been so quick from the brake to the clutch before!

Close call #1......gunna park like grandma from here on out! Ass in the aisle!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm used to driving a truck (I know I'm in the spot when my tires bounce off). I thought I would be in bad shape, but I guess the much lower hood is throwing me off. I'm already parking two feet out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm use to my lowered Honda Prelude with a Wings West body kit.

When you pull into driveways, approach them diagonally. Not head on.

·
Registered
526 Posts
RDiamond said:
Did it in my sister's driveway. Pulled in verrry slowly, heard it scrape, pulled back.

Not visible, but you can feel it. :x Guess that's why she drives a freakin SUV.
This could have been my exact post word for word. I did this after having the car for 3 days and 800 miles. Luckily I meet a guy at the autoparts store who paints for an autobody shop. He did a side job for me and charged me $75 to repaint my chin spoilers.

I've also found that you can get painted replacements at this site:

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/per-wrx-exterior.html

So don't pay over $125 to get the spoiler repainted if you want to get them fixed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
As I've got a new street and they haven't laid the final blacktop layer yet, my drive entry has a pretty sharp angle, so I took some preventive measures and they seem to be working out. If you look under your front clip lip, you'll see that it is held in place with a c-clip arrangement with small bolts and nuts.

I took some extra large diameter small holed washers, pulled each bolt out, and slipped the washers over the holes and bolted them back in place. I now have a nice solid metal surface that hits first if I do scrape it, which I have few times. No damage to the paint at all. I have noticed that the lip got pulled out just a bit on one side, but I just loosened the bolts on that side, slid it back in tight, and tightened it back up. I'm looking to have an aluminum piece fabbed to match the bottom of the lip so I can protect it across the entire surface area.

Give the washers a shot...low dollars and they work...and you can't see them!
Scott

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same story here. Pulling out of the drive thru at Wendy's :( Oh well, I guess it scraped now, so I dont need to worry about it any more, right? right? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
YBnormal07 said:
I'm looking to have an aluminum piece fabbed to match the bottom of the lip so I can protect it across the entire surface area.
I would be interested in seeing this when you get it finished. Post some pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts