IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled into the gas station on thursday and to my dismay the gasoline i've been using since day one with my STi is gone. SUNOCO 94 is no longer available at the station i frequent most. looks like i'll have to get by on SUNOCO 93. darn......looks like the rumors that were circulating a few months back are true.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sucks, I moved from PA down to Western Florida and there is NO Sunoco's anywhere around here. No One has even heard of it

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it does suck!!! never have had any fuel related problems, pinging etc.. i am hopeful that i will have same good fortune with the 93 octane. seeing how its been so cold lately i have no worries. however when the heat of summer rolls around anything is possible. maybe its time to look into the CO2 spray bar for the intercooler?

·
Registered
146 Posts
?: Best wheel/tire size for track and summer drive.

Not in Jersey :D They are keeping the 94 here.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
TORCO RACE FUEL ADDITIVE....WORKS LIKE A CHARM....I can still get 94..but not for long i hear...oh well....looks like need4speed will be gettin some regular orders from me!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey ya'll...not sure where most of you live, but my STi has never had the fortune of 94+ octane.....I live in Texas however, and run nothing but 93 octane. About the hottest my car has seen so far is right around 100 degrees F....and I had absolutely no problems with pinging. But I am very selective with where I purchase my 93 octane from.....mostely Diamond Shamrocks, Chevrons and Exxons....I NEVER purchase from those mom/pop gas stations...so, good luck to you all. I don't forsee ya'll having any problems as long as you are picky with your gas stations.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: HELP...is 15.5psi safe to run on an sti with no tuning?

Man that sucks...the highest octane we get here is 94 from Sunoco, so if they pulled that from the pumps I'd be stuck on 92.

·
Registered
858 Posts
JerseySTi said:
Not in Jersey :D They are keeping the 94 here.
yeha, but who'd be caught living in jersey???

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

kinda like my other usual response of, "only 2 things come from jersey..."

:D :D :D

yeah i'm using humor to maintain my sanity for just getting blessed with 91 here in kalifornia... GRRRRRRRRRR

M

·
0 Posts
JDM foglights

About the only redeeming quality of living in SC is that you can get 95 oct for $1.75 a gallon.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Why are they pulling the Sunoco 94? What rumours are you guys talking about? The reason I'm curious is because my plans were to switch to 94 when I pick up my STi this year. I'll be damned if I'm going to use Esso 91. :x

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
mistkerl said:
About the only redeeming quality of living in SC is that you can get 95 oct for $1.75 a gallon.

:)
damn! 94 from Sunoco is $2.00 a gallon in some places in Eastern PA.

i've never even seen 95 offered at a public pump.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's a Sunoco near me that sells 98 octane. I believe it was $3.99/gal the last time I got some, but that was over 3 years ago. I've been running Amoco Ultimate 93 in my STi.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why are they pulling the Sunoco 94? What rumours are you guys talking about? The reason I'm curious is because my plans were to switch to 94 when I pick up my STi this year. I'll be damned if I'm going to use Esso 91.
i would imagine the reason for pulling it is cost and lack of demand. at least in my neighborhood its no rumor, because its gone from the local Sunoco station. still have 93, so i'll survive. i think there is a place that sells 100 octane near Monadnock speedway in NH but i can't be sure as i have'nt been up that way for awhile.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Damn that sucks. I heard Sunoco is the best gas to be using due to the lower sulfur content and general overall quality of the gas. Hopefully they don't pull it here in Ontario. I guess Sunoco 93 must still be better than other brand 91 gas, right?

T

·
0 Posts
I spoke to the owner of the Sunoco here where I live and he said there's is no talk what so ever to remove the 94 from pumps, at least in his area. The 94 is a very big seller and hard to find.

·
Registered
15 Posts
now I an depress, I can only get 91oct. at $2.05 as of today. (we also don't have a football team; LA) eerrgghh now I am upset

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the Buffalo area we have Delta Sonic Gas station/car wash every where ...they all sell 100 octane at the pump, BUt it's over $4.00/gallon. But luckly I have no problem finding at 93, it runs about $1.95.gal. I don't see 94 or 95 anywhere though :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts