IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good MBC?

I want to lock my boost down. Currently I am getting low 17's for max boost and I have a feeling it might go up to the ECU dump point with the new headers. I have read that the ECU dumps in the high 17's or low 18's range.

I am leaning towards the TurboXS HPBC.
http://www.turboxs.com/_images/new_pa2.gif

Any thoughts or feedback on this is appreciated.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a TurboXS HP MBC and its an excellent boost controller, but i'm not running it. With the WRX's, there is a thing called partial throttle full boost and a boost controller can't compensate for throttle position. At that time, you are at full boost and the ECU don't know it and its not getting the proper fuel enrichment. For reliability issues, i'd wait till a reflash or engine mgt.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
As a point of reference

Hummer said:
What is a good MBC?

I want to lock my boost down. Currently I am getting low 17's for max boost and I have a feeling it might go up to the ECU dump point with the new headers. I have read that the ECU dumps in the high 17's or low 18's range.

I am leaning towards the TurboXS HPBC.
http://www.turboxs.com/_images/new_pa2.gif

Any thoughts or feedback on this is appreciated.
I ordered my from WOP and it will be here soon. If you want I can make a write up for you. Also even if you get a new ECU or piggy back ecu you will still need a BC of some kind (at least thats what Turbo XS says about UTEC and other products of the same - TO cap boost).

Robert~

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd try to stay away from an MBC were I you. I drive a WRX and use the Blitz SBC-id to contol boost. I'd turn it over to the UTEC, but I really am liking the ability to control boost from the cabin.

I'll admit the TurboXs MBC is a nice piece, but an EBC is much more versatile and almost foolproof. I love the Blitz unit. You can run it in closed or open loop.

X

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Re: Chill Out

lol ya i would love to own one of those, but they are about 3-6x as expensive. Even if its worth it, I'd rather just have the simple MBC and UTEC later on, but thats me.

Robert~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone do a MPG comparison btwn the Auto C-Diff & Manual

They're pricey, but well worth it. I have two of the three channels set up. One limits me to about 10 psi and the second is for all out performance, 18 psi. If I leave it on the 18 psi channel, I tend to exceed the speed limits.

X

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
turboxs HPmbc is in hummer i will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3158
... just so you know. You'd probably scare yourself with all the mods you have and this. Spool up im sure is fast enough alone with just your TBE, then with this you'd have full spool at 2XXX rpm!!! I have full spool faster then I can read the RPMs (as the needle just launches up there) and I have 0 exhaust modifications, well good luck!

Robert~

also dont worry if you hit boost cut (since it seems that you're running a high amount of psi as it is). Just turn it down a little, reset the ecu (pull - battery cable and mash brake 10 times), and go again. No spiking, lag, or anything from this mod. Just QUICK QUICK smooth spool up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts