IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend have the TurboX's exhaust for his WRX, it sounds like a muscle car. so i really want that kind of exhaust from TurboX's if anyone here have one on their STI. also, what's a good intake system(prefer CAI)? any headers, camshaft, etc... have been made for the STI yet?

thnx!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4105

hehe wrong forum, check that link and in the modifications forum, that should help :)

Intake I suggest perrin or blitz SUS

Headers - GTSPec 2 with upipe package from www.godspeedinc.com

Since i believe the camshafts are hollow (correct me if im wrong) it'd be hard to upgrade them as that'd be a costly procedure to make a big lobe hollow camshaft... although if there are some out there for the STi already, someone point me to em :)

Robert~

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hollow?

btw, thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure if the STi's camshafts are hollow, but the EVO's are, and tons of EVO's are running around with HKS camshafts. They don't have to be hollow, its just to reduce the rotating mass of the engine.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
WRXtreme said:
hollow?

btw, thanks for your reply!
yes Im 99% sure they are... I remember reading it somewhere.. lemme find it. *shrug* i cant find it... I think I read it in the subaru's STi advertisement little magazine they give you...

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Also just so you know the camshafts ARE hollow, along with some of the valves (I forgot which side... i think intake) and exhaust are filled with something... anyways. I just wanted to say the camshafts are hollow.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
does anyone know how much hp's a mid pipe back or catback exhaust will give ve a tbe will????

sman

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i was told the stock box is the best!????

as for the exhaust , im not sure myself, i know im in the same predicement as you are, id like to know what sounds nice and throaty or id love to have a porche sound at the same time???ya know

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Maybe it's a bit off topic, but for sure the cam is hollow and the exhaust valves are hollowed and filled with metallic sodium. When the Na heats up, it melts and 'sloshes' around helping to transfer heat from the valve head to the stem -

·
Registered
316 Posts
WRXtreme said:
my friend have the TurboX's exhaust for his WRX, it sounds like a muscle car. so i really want that kind of exhaust from TurboX's if anyone here have one on their STI. also, what's a good intake system(prefer CAI)? any headers, camshaft, etc... have been made for the STI yet?

thnx!
I have the TurboXs shorty intake. I am very satisfied with it.
You should also look at the Perrin lightweight crank pulley. Its not underdriven just lighter. I did it and love it.
These are two very easy mods to perform. --Sin52

1 - 11 of 11 Posts