IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have been following the boards here recently in the hopes I would land this job I just interviewed for, which I just did. So I have some money saved up for a down payment, and now the job to handle the monthly payments. Just wondering if there are any good maryland or nearby dealerships that you all would recommend?

And what are your thoughts on using ebay or autotrader for a short-owned used sti?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, Volvo Annapolis Subaru had to used STi's last week or so....You may want to give them a call. I spoke to a salesmen named Paul. If you want, tell him Sharon gave you the info. I looked at their javablk/gold wheels (used) but I bought new instead. Good Luck! :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't think he was asking for a complete list. Rather a list of dealerships that people would recommend... I am curious as well with people's experiences, as I will be purchasing in about 2 months.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
i bought mine from waldorf. the salesman was a tool, but once i bypassed her and started dealing with the gm he was pretty cool and easy to work with. but i bought mine months ago and paid msrp so i don't know what deals they are giving

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thought I would post a positive experience I had when I purchased my 2004 STi recently. I went to the Subaru NA website and emailed several dealerships. All replied and the responses were varied. They provided an interesting insight in how some dealerships think consumers are uninformed. This was evidenced by the MSRP responses and over MSRP responses . One was even rude enough that I forwarded my disgust to Subaru NA dealer relations along with the email. This route proved quite effective with an official apology and the dealership having a note in their file (or so I was told) This surprised me somewhat as I would have thought they would know an internet shopper is going to be a tad more informed than the average walk-in. I don't take well to rudeness whether it be in person or over email when I am a customer looking to spend almost $30,000.

By far the best response was from Herb Gordon Subaru in Silver Spring MD and Marlena Mangan (their internet sales manager). The entire process was done over the internet, fax, and phone due to my schedule at the time (never set foot in the dealership). I paid a fair amount under MSRP with no long negotiations at all. She kept me in the loop through out the lengthy process (lengthy due to my inability to be there in person), met my requests such as mounting snows tires I had shipped from Tire Rack directly to the dealership, making sure the white paint protection film remained on, faxing documents long distance to myself and insurance, etc. This was time consuming but everything went smooth. She was very familiar with the entire process, my particular insurance company, and knowledgable about the car. Anway, I had a great buying experience there and thought I would share it. If you are local to the area or not, they are worth contacting

Russ

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
found this on NASIOC forum web page, hope it helps

I found that on NASIOC web page. The people on this page also mention Iris Harley from Herb Gordon Subaru and mention that all of the sales people they encountered were all equally helpful and eager to answer questions but not pushy. Never been there, so I do not know from personal experience. Hope that this helps. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts