IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to the forum... I am looking to purchase a black/gold here in Los Angeles. Just wanted to ask you guys (living in L.A. or with experience with L.A. dealers) which Subaru delaer you reccomend? (I am talking about greater L.A. not the city btw!) I would appreciate the help. Thank you. Peace.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FRANKS IRVINE SUBARU

(edited by Moderator, we heard you the first time ;) )

ASK FOR CHUCK, TELL HIM NEIL BOONE RECOMMENDED YOU! HE KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT, AND HE IS THERE TO HELP YOU 100% SATISFACTION HERE. COOL, LAID BACK GUY.

HE KNOWS HIS STi's AND KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wing actually works?

Irvine Subaru

I didn't purchase mine from Irvine, but in the 1.5 months leading up to when I bought my STi, I tracked inventories of all dealerships in SoCal. Irvine had the most at 16 STi's. Next was Big Valley with 9.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Irvine has the most STi's for a reason... and their "great" customer service will probably keep it that way....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice...... I visited Santa Monica Subaru..... 4 STI's but excellent customer service........ If i am to buy the STI, it will be my first car and im afraid that 300hp is aliitle too much for a first car...... Im 17 by the way...... anyways.... im thinking of getting into a less powerful car inorder to just gain some experience with driving before i get into a beast..... I will take your opinions into consideration.... thank you.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'd recommend something else just to gain some proficiency with a stick.... it would be a shame to wear away that new clutch as a novice....

As for the power, its not really dangerous unless you push the car beyond your own limits. You sound like a fairly smart and not overly-confident person, so you might have better luck than your average 17 year old.

I'm 19 and I feel pretty ready for one... but I've been driving stick since I was 9 too.... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts