IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After being in Germany a few months, I was amazed at how much hood lift I was getting at just 130 KPH. At 200 KPH I was alway nervous of my hood flying off. So I finally installed the AeroCatch Hood Pins with JDM Password Install Kit. The JDM Password Install kit made the installation very clean and simple. Good bye hood lift!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have been searching for an 06-07 with these hood pins installed using the factory bump stop locations.

I can't believe I'm just seeing this now....this helps me out a lot! looks great by the way...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Those are real nice. They look kinda Milspec, like they came off an aircraft or something. Me likey. :)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
After being in Germany a few months, I was amazed at how much hood lift I was getting at just 130 KPH. At 200 KPH I was alway nervous of my hood flying off. So I finally installed the AeroCatch Hood Pins with JDM Password Install Kit. The JDM Password Install kit made the installation very clean and simple. Good bye hood lift!

whos garage?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Garage! When I was looking for a place to rent, one of the requirements was to have a garage. It took awhile but it was well worth the time finding one. Three car garage FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
After being in Germany a few months, I was amazed at how much hood lift I was getting at just 130 KPH. At 200 KPH I was alway nervous of my hood flying off.
nice kit.

but aren't you exaggerating the issue somewhat?

just under 81 mph & a little over 124 mph?

I do the first on daily commutes and longer trips frequently on both a WRX and an ST. I've touched up to 133 in the WRX buy only about 120 with any regularity on the STi but it's the new hood design of the 08's.

I saw some movement in both (less with the 08) but never seemed concerned that the hood was going to come off or anything.

But, again, the kit is very trick and clean in design. :tup: And mods for the sake of mods are never something anyone needs to justify.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice kit.

but aren't you exaggerating the issue somewhat?

just under 81 mph & a little over 124 mph?

I do the first on daily commutes and longer trips frequently on both a WRX and an ST. I've touched up to 133 in the WRX buy only about 120 with any regularity on the STi but it's the new hood design of the 08's.

I saw some movement in both (less with the 08) but never seemed concerned that the hood was going to come off or anything.

But, again, the kit is very trick and clean in design. :tup: And mods for the sake of mods are never something anyone needs to justify.
No exageration at all, I didn't notice it untill a friend was driving next to me and noticed that the front corners of the hood seemed to be about a half inch above being normally flush with the fenders. Ive spoken to many 06/07 owners and they notice the same issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
glad i gound this tread, i've been eyeing these for a long time..i've had my hood come up and catch the safety latch at least 5x maybe more. Thanks for the pics..do you have any of the install?

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
glad i gound this tread, i've been eyeing these for a long time..i've had my hood come up and catch the safety latch at least 5x maybe more. Thanks for the pics..do you have any of the install?
Check out my journal. There's a few pics there of me putting them on my carbon fiber hood. Should give you an idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts