IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive my STi on a daily basis, i don't drive it too hard but it does see the occastional 6KRPM. Lately I've noticed at high RPM's the engine feels (for lack of a better word) "unstable". Basically the engine feels like it's pushing a lot harder, but the car feels slower! We've been getting pretty cold temperatures here (0-5 degrees C consistantly) and i've changed to my snowtires. Would this have anything to do w/ the car acting different? The car is still a baby with about 6000km on it and i always feed it 94 Octane. Don't know what the problem could be. Does anyone else feel this, or felt this at one time?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still saving up for a boost gauge :(

The car accelerates smoothly, there's no jolting or anything like that. Turbo feels and sounds fine. The engine sounds and feels like it's going to blow up at high RPM's. I have noticed the RPM fluctuates a lot between 500-1000RPM at idle. Or if i rev it high, and then press the clutch the RPM drops below 500 for a second before hitting the normal idle position again causing the car to almost stall. ??!??!?!?!!?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts