IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 782 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
520hpSTi said:
awesome just awesome!

I dont really know how to put this..but.

Will you marry me? :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BrewPubeaver and me will be meeting down at PDX Tuning one of these days. Our two STi's are the ones that need to get married! Thanks for the :tup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
STI4AKING said:
Is it me or is there no tranny upgrades on that list , you doing a ppg gearset?
The STi tranny is notoriously strong and is still being used by the Big Valley set up in Puerto Rico who will be running this same turbo in a twin scroll set up producing well over 700whp. I will follow their lead on this as well as any different gearset. Their car will be used for nothing but racing where mine will see only limited. For now, those two areas will be left stock, for now...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
BrewPubeaver said:
did your car just propose to mine???

wow, yea big picture, just open in paint and scale it down by 50%

looking good man. would like to see the S203 HVAC controls. i want to make mine black as well
Yeah Dave. I hear June is a good month.:lol: I'll work on the pic reduction later. Gotta run.

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Nutmegman said:
The STi tranny is notoriously strong and is still being used by the Big Valley set up in Puerto Rico who will be running this same turbo in a twin scroll set up producing well over 700whp. I will follow their lead on this as well as any different gearset. Their car will be used for nothing but racing where mine will see only limited. For now, those two areas will be left stock, for now...
Thats definetly a good call, test out how long it will last. Maybe a 5th/6th JDM gears might be in order though?

Oh is this your daily driver?:eek:

Also :tup: for a AMAZING project.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
well...

my car ask`d me to ask you to ask your car what it was doing saturday? there is going to be a subie tune up session in my drive way. anyone is welcome, but my car is looking forward to meeting your car, XOXOXO

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow good work what do you do for a living to afford all these mods?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
520hpSTi said:
Thats definetly a good call, test out how long it will last. Maybe a 5th/6th JDM gears might be in order though?

Oh is this your daily driver?:eek:

Also :tup: for a AMAZING project.
oh BTW, nice hood got the same one myself
It's not a daily driver but it might be some day. Right now, it's driven very selectively and I'm very careful where I park it with over 12k sitting in the trunk. Thanks again for your support. The Varis c/f hood just stood out among the crowd of other c/f hoods, plus given the fact that Ings doesn't make one with their kit. I noticed that they offer it for sale on the Japan parts website too.

Wow good work what do you do for a living to afford all these mods?
I have a very forgiving wife and I live in a market with soaring real estate values. Oh, and I do have a pretty good job :D

well...

my car ask`d me to ask you to ask your car what it was doing saturday? there is going to be a subie tune up session in my drive way. anyone is welcome, but my car is looking forward to meeting your car, XOXOXO
My car would answer by saying "I'm still sitting in the garage waiting for a date with Dave's '06, as well as the body shop (Ings+1 body kit), the suspension shop (to install a boatload of suspension parts), and finally to PDXTuning (to have the short block, the heads, and the UR GT40R turbo kit w/supporting mods installed by Dustin and Jarrad, and lastly, the Hydra EMS tuning performed by Jeff S, Jeff P, Jarrad and Tim." (or words to that effect)

Seriously, we'll hook up shortly and have a lot of tales to tell. You're actually staying home this weekend, huh Dave? Who's doing the tuning, somebody from PDX?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
BrewPubeaver said:
i am doing some installs on a friends car as well as doing some stuff to mine.

i am in the PDX~Metro every weekend, will you be at the BBQ on Sunday?
If I do go, it will have to be right at 10:00 and I can only stay for about an hour. If I come, I'll bring the GT40R and as many supporting mods as possible for Tim and company to look over.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
STI4AKING said:
Ok so no tranny work for now , any thoughts on changing the axles?
Only if I break one. Since this is not a daily driver, and since the car will not be depended upon for regular racing or drags, I'm going to keep it stock. Rest assured, I'll have a vendor's name and phone number along with a parts list for sudden emergencies. This is one area of big builds where I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion on.

Also, I have fixed my large picture problem. The journal is now much more user friendly. I have taken advantage of the situation to add even more pics of the Ultimate Racing components.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
thats a safe bet! I would rather replace an axle than a tranny due to high Whp.... :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Yet, another update to my journal. After consulting many of the gurus, experts, and current owners of the Blitz SBC i-D Color EBC, I have decided to switch from the TXS DTEC to the Blitz. Details and a pic in the first post.

81 - 100 of 782 Posts