IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 782 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
JohnDoe1211 said:
Well if you think about it, Lag really isn't a big deal... cause if your pushing a 700whp car that'll prob have around 600-700 ft lbs of torque too, that'll pretty much compensate for lag... I mean come one 600-700 ft lbs of torque that is like an insane amount of power your gonna be pushing through out the rpm band.

What i'm trying to say is that with 700whp and around 600-700 ft lbs of torque you will have probably as much power as my RS does at like 2000rpms, So who really cares about some turbo lag. See look at this dyno graph of a 410whp 350wtq subaru http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968071
At like 2650ish rpms it has as much torque as my car's motor can peak out at. And at 3600rpms it has as much torque as a stock STi, and at 4200 rpms it has as much hp as a stock STi... SO i think lag wouldn't be a big issue.

As for the transmission, If you don't midn the noise get some straight cut gears, i've heard nothing but good about them.

Good luck with this build im definately gonna stay tuned to see results here.

^^ thats a good point, plus the 9000rpm redline will help. Say the turbo spools at 5000, well thats still 4000rpm until redline, which is a decent amount of room.
Also you could opt fora dogbox over straight cut gears.
Looking good.

I think you should go with an H6 motor! We're looking for a customer to do an H6 project with and you look like the perfect candidate . JK, I know you already have all the parts to do this project except for the motor. Should be cool to see some numbers since you'll be running a very similar setup to our tuner. I look foward to seeing how your project will come together. Love the Ings+1 kit.-Geoff

if i were to do it over, and i plan on doing it over....

i would do an fully built H6 and keep all your other stuff.

Good posts guys. Keep 'em coming. As I said before, who knows where this thing will end up? I just need to make sure that I don't have to re-do things that have already been either done or already ordered in order to make the switch to the H6, especially the GT40R turbo kit from Ultimate Racing. Speaking of that, have you guys checked out that link to NASIOC on my original post? There is a pic of the MOST unigue twin scroll header to accomodate the GT40R setup that Big Valley is in the process of testing right now. Here it is: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934405 The only reason I didn't order it with my kit was because Darryl at UR wanted Big Valley to get everything hooked up and running and tested before they offered it to the general public. I also need to maintain my sense of balance with this car as I will never strip things down to bare metal, a seat and a steering wheel just to be the fastest quarter-miler around. I personally get almost as much of a thrill out of the cornering of this car as I do the power...almost.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Update To Home Page

I have updated my home page with the latest pics of the Ultimate Racing GT40R turbo kit, the UR FMIC and the 1000cc fuel rail kit. I also ordered a set of Ganador carbon fiber mirrors to add more carbon fiber to the exterior. I'm also considering ordering a Seibon CW II carbon fiber hood to finish the exterior. I'll know more next week. I'm still considering the H6option from Gruppe-S but I'm leaning away from it at the present.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nutmegman said:
I have updated my home page with the latest pics of the Ultimate Racing GT40R turbo kit, the UR FMIC and the 1000cc fuel rail kit. I also ordered a set of Ganador carbon fiber mirrors to add more carbon fiber to the exterior. I'm also considering ordering a Seibon CW II carbon fiber hood to finish the exterior. I'll know more next week. I'm still considering the H6option from Gruppe-S but I'm leaning away from it at the present.
h6 man that would be sick as hell. gruppe-s know what they are doing.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I have updated my home page to reflect my latest performance/exterior/interior upgrades and added more pics. After conversing with Geoff at Gruppe-S, I have decided to stay with the EJ25 2.5 litre motor instead of going with the H6. Gruppe-S is still my leading candidate for the internals and headwork build up however.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Go for it, look at my Sig. I'am gonna post alotta pics and Vids soon, i just moved and my Video cam is packed, gonna unpack it today. It's very nasty out today but i'll post up some stuff soon for everyone to view.

But go for it man, Good luck with it also

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
holy mother that must be the fastest 06 in hte US as of now!!

Pics/ members journal please :D

and keep up the good work nutmegman!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
520hpSTi said:
holy mother that must be the fastest 06 in hte US as of now!!

Pics/ members journal please :D

and keep up the good work nutmegman!
Well, as of right now, it's the fastest looking collection of parts waiting for a master mechanic/tuner to assemble the components into whatever it turns out to be. I do have many of the suspension pieces installed but it's the mechanical and bling parts that are waiting for the install date. Once I receive the rest of the Ings parts from Japan, I can schedule them to be painted (especially the front bumper which I'll have to have installed to fit the FMIC.)

I'm not so sure I'll end up being the fastest '05 STi due to the fact that I'm not reducing weight but instead adding in some cases (stereo) but being the fastest was never my primary goal. Being one of the best balanced in the sense that not one element of the car was left untouched has always been my focus.

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Nutmegman said:
Well, as of right now, it's the fastest looking collection of parts waiting for a master mechanic/tuner to assemble the components into whatever it turns out to be. I do have many of the suspension pieces installed but it's the mechanical and bling parts that are waiting for the install date. Once I receive the rest of the Ings parts from Japan, I can schedule them to be painted (especially the front bumper which I'll have to have installed to fit the FMIC.)

I'm not so sure I'll end up being the fastest '05 STi due to the fact that I'm not reducing weight but instead adding in some cases (stereo) but being the fastest was never my primary goal. Being one of the best balanced in the sense that not one element of the car was left untouched has always been my focus.
Thats true, your 05 is a great all around car though!
I was referring the upstate great for the fastest 06 though.;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
pt518sti said:
Just checked out your plans for the first time..
You're totally insane :lol: good luck, with all those mods that's like buying 2 STi's
It'll be closer to three before I'm done.:eek::eek: :eek:

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
lol, but you car will be way cooler than having 3 sti's....well unless you got the s204 somehow. :lol:

man if i were you, id totally just have a r34 imported!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Another Update

I have added more information and a lot more pics. Everything has been added to the first post. Things are moving along but I must make a decision on the short block and heads soon. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by...

61 - 80 of 782 Posts