IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HKS up and down pipe

Good mod, very basic to install, but takes a little time because there are so many grounds. I didnt think that i would notice the power gain but i did, very good mod, worth ever penny cause i love free horsepower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ender, I bought the Hyper ground kit as well. Before I start on the install was wondering if yo had any hints/advice for the instal.
Any info on problems you ran into, even it its was minor, will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the bolt on the throtel body is a pain to get out it helped to remove the gear clamp on the intercooler rubber and the other than that it is sinch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! It was a relatively simple install. I had a bit of race gas in the tank so can't say the mod made the car run smoother or it was the gas. Upping the octane from 91 made a significant improvement, though.
The lights do seem brighter and the radio doesn't crackle when I turn it on any more. The bling factor is cool too..!

One thing though, there was a grounding point under the IC that I could not get to without taking the IC off, so I did not tap this one... Let me know if this is a must..

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I had a gold kit in my supra turbo and i now have the staticx kit and i think the quality is better with static and the performance is the same...and the price with staticx is cheaper hmm.. robert is a good guy as well check him out at
www.streettouch.com

sman

·
Registered
166 Posts
Im gonna do a better mod than that; What do you guys think if I take aluminum foil and wrap the engine and then ground it to the chassis Q??Q

:roll:

haha

I gotta try one of those grounding kits, seriously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts