IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking at a sti that’s key entry was wondering if I can go keyless with a push start

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did some light reading on this before I ordered my 19, and I concluded that swapping in the OEM keyless was WAY too much of a pain. Off the top of my head: there are at least 4 antennas, the steering lock servo, touch sensitive door handles, and a button on the outside of the trunk. not counting whatever computer trickery is needed to get it all working.

I believe there are aftermarket systems that you can get push to start with though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was informative! Thanks I personally think push to start would be cool but it’s not a complete deal breaker an STi is an STi and it not having a push to start

·
Registered
367 Posts
im there with you, would love to have the extra ease of entry/starting but cost wise its alot...someone had a full install setup for cheap (compared to new) and was still close to 1k...the aftermarket are sub 500 but i think i can manage to turn a key and hit my unlock button for less than that...maybe ill change my mind again in the future lol i do miss it tho from having it on a prior car...

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's the only option I got on my STi for a reason. (yay flippy mirrors) My Better half has a 19 WRX and I didn't want two matching keys.

I felt if there was any thing else I wanted to add in later on I could do it easy enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I’m just on the fence about it don’t know if I should wait or get this Subaru.. I think push to start is cool but then again it’s not the worst thing if I have a key and just turn it to start the car

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's a bit more convenient. No key scratches on the plastic. I wouldn't spend a dime putting it in afterarket. But if you haven't purchased the car yet and have time to shop around...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts