IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to get an STi some time this year and I'm really excited since it's gonna be my "first" car. I've been driving my dad's hand-me-down 2015 RAV4 and it's a great dad car. The thing is I'm 18 and have never driven anything besides SUVs. Is it going to be a night and day difference from the change and what should I expect?usps tracking showbox speed test

·
Registered
35 Posts
High insurance because you are 18 rough ride bad gas milage and unexpected maintenance such as replacing all 4 tires because 1 gets a cut.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try to find a 1 owner vehicle that has never been modded. You will be tempted to tune. Keep it factory/stock. No ricey add on's. Tint is good, mud flaps debatable, cat-back is a waste. Buy decent tires, but no need to go all out for the expensive type because they will wear fast and not actually perform much better, or worse in some conditions.

Take your time learning how to shift and DIY maintenance. Save for a house (garage would be amazing) Make this car last 5 years and move on to your next more expensive dream car with the experience gained through this one. I daily a factory MY18 STI it's a good driving experience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh, I think you will love it! It will be a massive difference.

I actually drive my parents Nissan Quest back in the day and bought a 2002 WRX as my first car when I was 18. It was a lot of fun.....a STI though....that will be just incredible for you haha!

By the way, since your from Germany, if you haven't watched this review on the STI yet form Autogefuhl, I highly suggest the watch!

~

Also, as @Boilermaker128 mentioned above. I also suggest you just keep the car stock and find a unmodified STI. In stock form they are reliable and honestly it doesn't cost a lot of money to maintain it. It will be horrible on gas though compared to many new cars today ^___~

I don't agree about only keeping the car for 5 years and move on to your next more expensive dream car......STI is my dream car personally and I don't see the need to spend more money on more expensive cars. Be smart and invest the money into other things, not just cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking to get an STi some time this year and I'm really excited since it's gonna be my "first" car. I've been driving my dad's hand-me-down 2015 RAV4 and it's a great dad car. The thing is I'm 18 and have never driven anything besides SUVs. Is it going to be a night and day difference from the change and what should I expect?usps tracking showbox speed test
You are going to love it. I had my 2008 STI hatch for 10 years (cold air, cobb tunning, cat back, springs, wheels, etc) until some dumb butt t-boned me with a Big Horn Ram. I got out of the car, not even a bruise. Subarus have strong chassis and the handling is amazing!!!! Now because of family, wife and house, I had to downgrade to a WRX auto, not even stick!!! I owned a Nissan Armada and a sentra ser spec-v. STI is a different beast! I am slowly converting all my cars to Subaru. My wife's Nissan Pathfinder will be an Ascent in the future. I am waiting for 2021 STI, see what it is going to look like and maybe get it since my older boy is about to get a license.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts