IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an offer to sell my 15" Kicker Solo-Baric. It's the new square design and this sucker really pounds. Do you guys think I would be happy with a 12" Kicker Solo-Baric after being used to the 15"? I never really played the 15" that loud unless I was really in the mood to jam. Just wondering if you guys have any experiance with a single 12" and 15". I don't want to regret this later and wish I still had the 15". I listen to mostly high-energy trance/techno which always has hard basslines and fast beats.

·
Registered
270 Posts
my wife has 2 12" L7's in the back of her Si and its WAY TO LOULD!! we are using the kicker 1200.1 amp. so i say go for the single 12" it wont be extreme but also not to quiet. if you get a good size amp you won't miss that 15 at all!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a good amp. I'd be using a RF Punch Power 800. I'd bridge it mono and push 800 watts into the sub.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
With the faster baselines you listen to, the smaller sub will actually reproduce them better as the smaller drivers tend to be more efficient with faster music. . . given the same power as a 15, that is. :p

I seriously doubt you'll regret it. I'm running a single Diamond Audio 12 with a 1200.1 amp and I LOVE IT.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet guys. I may just sell it. That low 15" bump is really nice too but like you said with my music the smaller might just sound better. More mid bass punch might be a good change. Anyone else?

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have a single 12 l7 running off the sub channel of a kx700.5 and it's plenty for me.
i actually had thought of droppin down to a 10, or 2 8" l7's if i ever redo my enclosure to accomodate a rear strut bar or to make it fiberglass instead of mdf.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mcR said:
dont do it!!! i went from two 12in l5 to one 15l5 and the 15 sounds and feels much better then the 2 12s
Depends on the sub and personal preference.

Personally, I like tighter more accuarate lows and prefer 10's and 12's. I am currently upgrading my JL Audio 10W6 to a new 12W6v2. The new 12 is going to sound pretty awesome!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes i was about to suggest that myself, I'll be going with a good 8 or 10.

Robert~

M

·
0 Posts
I have a single 10" with a nice amp, and that is plenty for the bumping electronic I enjoy so much, :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts