IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Godspeed downpipe, For those that have it
1) Will i need any gaskets.
2) Anyone see any boost issues like boost cut?
3) It will bolt to my stock cat back?
4) Anyone see any ses lights?
5) I know it makes the exhaust louder but by how much just a tad?
6) Is it worth jet coating?

Thanks again guys

tony

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. no gaskets needed
2. i have intake, boost controller, and godspeed dp. you may hit boost cut without a boost controller. when i bolted my dp after i had my intke and boost controller i was hitting 19 psi partial throttle. so make sure you have a boost controller.
3. yup, will bolt up to stock catback. fits like a glove
4.i have not seen any cel lights, this is a great downpipe.
5.the exhaust note is just a little louder, its sounds really good
6. i did not jet coat mine.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I got this in an e-mail today - good laugh

Godspeed downpipe, For those that have it
1) Will i need any gaskets? No Dan even provides extra gaskets.
2) Anyone see any boost issues like boost cut? I have a SBCID spec3, so no, but as ryu said, you might w/o a BC.
3) It will bolt to my stock cat back? Yes , without a problem
4) Anyone see any ses lights? No CELs
5) I know it makes the exhaust louder but by how much just a tad? Didnt sound any bit louder.
6) Is it worth jet coating? No, I even left the heat shield off (So you could see the turbo) and its not any hotter then before. I will probably insulate it, but nothing more.

Robert~

·
Registered
614 Posts
So if you install an aftermarket DP you're GOING to have boost creep issues leading to boost cut, unless you run it with an MBC or EBC. Will engine mgmt. safely addres these issues WITHOUT the boost controller? (and this isn't Godspeed DP specific, even though Dan's is garnering very good reviews on the quality, etc.) Just trying to educate myself as I go along, as I was planning on running a full TBE with Ecutek, but don't wanna play around with the boost or the ECU map....I'd rather have it tuned and ready to roll for 100K - hoping for 400/400 come Spring time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you run just downpipe and an intake you should not have boost problems although it may affect boost enough to have problems with stock selenoid controlling boost. It varies car to car though as different cars run very different boost pressures. Mine ran 15 PSI stock, Turbo XS's ran 16.5 PSI stock. This is why I have an EBC bundled into my Stage 1 package to make sure no boost control problems and also so consumer has both a boost gauge and a overboost warning system on the car. If you're looking for 400 HP you can do it no problem. It's called my Stage 2 package.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not to hijack the thread or anything but

Guru:

How much does your stage 2 cost and what does it come with? and when will it be out? :D

thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks for the speedy response Dan. We spoke on the phone, and I must admit I felt VERY comfortable in your approach/sales technique. You seem to be a good "guru". :D My Defi BF is telling me the max I've hit thus far is a HAIR over 1 bar, so I'm guessing I'm at the 14.5-15.0 PSI level based on that. While I'd LOVE to do a DP before Spring I'm a little apprehensive about the longevity of the turbo running w/a Blitz SUS (as I feel that it's filtering abilities would "sandblast" my turbo over time - any thoughts on this particular concern?) I want my STi to run for 100K miles - it doesn't have to be the fastest on the planet - just faster than it is now! :lol: That's why I figured I'd let the guineau (sp?) pigs figure it out before Spring and then go ahead.....I also need to do things "right" the first time around as I can't afford to just throw $ at this car till I "figure it out". Again though Dan - nothing but kind words for you. Stu

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks Stu! I try. I use the SUS on my daily driver as well as the STi and every other high HP car I have in here but if it makes you nervous I have nice Turbo XS or Apexi intakes available. The turbo will in all likelihood last over 100,000 miles no sweat. I will have my Spec R turbo available next year for the STi.
Yoshar, my stage 2 has been out for a little while now and comes with a base map for the E-Manage even. It's all very easy to install.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Guru said:
If you run just downpipe and an intake you should not have boost problems although it may affect boost enough to have problems with stock selenoid controlling boost. It varies car to car though as different cars run very different boost pressures. Mine ran 15 PSI stock, Turbo XS's ran 16.5 PSI stock. This is why I have an EBC bundled into my Stage 1 package to make sure no boost control problems and also so consumer has both a boost gauge and a overboost warning system on the car. If you're looking for 400 HP you can do it no problem. It's called my Stage 2 package.
Different boost stock huh? I wonder if that is related to the pinging issues. Thoughts?

-st

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would definately say so. With my stage 2 minus the manifold, I could not keep boost any higher than 16.8 PSI. With stage 1 I would keep boost at around 15 PSI or so to be safe.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
sorry for another hijack guys! :-?

Guru,

As for EBC, would you recommend the Blitz SBC i-D over the GReddy PRofec B V2? I will be getting a ported VF39 and a full turbo back in the future and I wanted an EBC that would fit the job of controlling the boost. I've heard issues with clearing peak boost everytime you start up your car w/the GReddy PRofec B V2. Also, I know the Blitz could be a programming hell hole for a beginner installer, but would you be able to provide some 'base' values to start tuning from?

Thanks SOOO much...and sorry again guys for this hijack!

-STiLL

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Charging cap and other questions

Guru said:
I would definately say so. With my stage 2 minus the manifold, I could not keep boost any higher than 16.8 PSI. With stage 1 I would keep boost at around 15 PSI or so to be safe.
Thanks for the info, very interesting.

-st

·
Registered
357 Posts
Actually the SBCid is both the easiest to install and use. It is also a much better controller than the Profec BII. The Greddy E-01 is also excellent and is recommended if you plan on going e-manage as well since they can link together and it can datalog for you. I really do like them both but am using an SBC-id on my own car since I didn't originally plan on using the e-manage but had I known I would have used the E-01.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for the quick feedback, Guru..I really appreciate it.

Anyways, back to the Blitz SBC iD, are there any pieces that come with the kit that would have to be replaced(like any fittings, hoses..etc..) in order to make it work correctly? I know StaticX313 had to replace a piece in order to make his Blitz EBC work correctly. Also, whenever I get my Blitz...would you mind PMing me or Emailing me with some 'base' values to get me started on using the SBC?

Thanks AGAIN,
-STiLL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts