IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Go Fast Bits announced the release of a short shift kit for the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Following on from their popular WRX 5 speed short-shift kit, they released a new version to suit Subaru’s 6 speed gearbox found in all late-model STi’s, from MY02 and on.

As with GFB's WRX kit, the GFB STi short shift kit includes a unique clamp arrangement that allows the shift throw to be reduced much more than by changing the gearstick alone. As you can see from the picture, the GFB clamp eliminates the need to lift the gearbox linkage higher to reduce shift throw. Instead, you simply select one of the three holes.

The factory shifter in an STi has a shift throw of 35mm per gate; the GFB unit is adjustable from the factory setting, right down to a tiny 22mm per gate! To put this into perspective, the best an aftermarket shifter (that replaces only the gearstick) can hope to achieve is 30mm per gate, without modifications to the linkages or surrounding bodywork.

Installation is made easier with the inclusion of a special tool for removal and installation of the reverse lock-out cable pin, meaning it is not necessary to gain access to the underside of the car.

To see the official press release and others like it, click here.
Another option for you STi guys!

·
Registered
74 Posts
not a big fan of GFB. My bro bought his BOV and it wasnt wat I expected ended^ selling it on eBay and getting a Worx

·
Meth Junkie
1,227 Posts
I have installation instructions that GFB e-mailed me. Looks like a very good piece. Also the installation does not require getting under the car for the reverse lockout. If anyone interested let me know and I can e-mail you the instructions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have installation instructions that GFB e-mailed me. Looks like a very good piece. Also the installation does not require getting under the car for the reverse lockout. If anyone interested let me know and I can e-mail you the instructions.
Hey quick question is it bad to have the flinge open atmosphere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts