IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting my car tuned at agile and they said I need to get a GM Boost solenoid. Does anyone have a part # for this and know of any thread that shows how to install this part. They said this part works much better than the stock part. Any info on this subject? I have a tune session set for September 30th and want to make sure I have what I need. They do sell them and charge to install them, but I would like to save money where possible since the tune is $500.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I'll warn you now it will drive you nuts! It clicks like crazy and sounds like you threw a rod. Works just fine but Im smiling again now that I have the E-Boost installed.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree with 2fast4u. I need to find a way to get rid of the click it makes. It drives me nuts when I don't have the radio up loud. I've actually been looking at the eboost. A little pricey for right now but Jeremy and Hill say it is the best they have seen and I trust their opinion. But The GM boost solenoind is needed if you are gonna boost over 18psi and want something cheep that will work.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Where are you guys mounting the BCS?
I have installed many many GM solenoids. So far not one person has had a complaint about hearing it.
I have a stock exhaust and I can't hear the solenoid activate.

TMS

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
TheMadScientist said:
Better on your wallet. And does the same thing.

TMS
+1
:tup:

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Whether you hear the clicking or not ALL depends on how you mount the solenoid. If you bolt it down to a hard part then that will reverberate through the body and you have a great chance of hearing it. I have my EBCS mounted to the stock black solenoid holder (NOT via bolts). That holder has rubber isolators that mount it to the body. I have never heard my solenoid - ever. Here is a picture of the stock metal solenoid holder removed so that you can see the backside of it and how I mounted the EBCS ...

http://www.bescaredracing.com/sti/turbo/solenoid/perrin/install/DSC05004.JPG

A zip tie with a special sticky zip-tie holder thing-a-ma-hoojy :)

t

·
Registered
601 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
Whether you hear the clicking or not ALL depends on how you mount the solenoid. If you bolt it down to a hard part then that will reverberate through the body and you have a great chance of hearing it. I have my EBCS mounted to the stock black solenoid holder (NOT via bolts). That holder has rubber isolators that mount it to the body. I have never heard my solenoid - ever. Here is a picture of the stock metal solenoid holder removed so that you can see the backside of it and how I mounted the EBCS ...

http://www.bescaredracing.com/sti/turbo/solenoid/perrin/install/DSC05004.JPG

A zip tie with a special sticky zip-tie holder thing-a-ma-hoojy :)

t
I mount the GM one right to the bolt under where you have yours mounted.
No one that I have installed this in thier car has ever had a complaint about noise.

TMS

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had mine installed and I have yet to hear it!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
That is because I wouldnt stop griping about the first one we did at Agile :lol:

it was on my setup and we bolted it to the fender well, that clicking drove me nuts... The Eboost is such a better setup for the added boost I now run. Hile and crew are now mounting the GM units like Wolf talks about....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts