IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my glove compartment is stuck. it isn't locked because i can pull the latch forward (the key hole is horizontal not vertical). when i pull it, i can see the ends of the compartment a little loose but the middle seems to be holding onto something. i think its jammed by the face on the stereo system when i put it inside. is there any way around this safely? i tried to pull harder, but im pretty sure the latch is going to snap. if there is an easy way to just take off the glove compartment, please help me out. i was looking to unscrew it but cant seem to find them. goign to the dealer is just a pain. i have never dealt with such a problem and i think in the future i wont fill the compartment so high :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
Heehee thats odd! One thing I have noticed about the glove box is that it weighs a TON. I can believe how much it weighs! Ive never had a car with such a heavy glove boX! Subby does not install a stereo becasue of supposed weight but they put in a 30 pound glove box!!!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Take it apart and you will know why it is so heavy. It has a steel tubular frame. Kinda cool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The locking mechanism on my glove box rattles really bad when going over even slight bumps. Does anyone know how I can fix this. Do I have to take the whole glove box apart?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I just tightened everything in the area up and mine went away. Do you have a stereo installed? I noticed that my factory wiring rattles(I don't have mine installed yet).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts