IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the most boring journal on IWSTI! Why? Because I have a 6 year extended warranty and lifetime engine/drivetrain warranty from the dealership where I bought my Subie. Any major engine modifications will have to wait for a while. But, I got my dream car and have been loving it since June of 2010.

I come from a long line of less than exciting cars to say the least. I didn't own a car until college and went through 2 Buick Regals. Immediately after paying them off they went to crap. So you can understand why I will never buy another American made car again. Not that any of them really interest me anyway.

From the Regals I went to a 2006 Toyota Corolla. That car got flooded in a freak rainstorm where most of the people I work with lost their cars. Including my friends RS. Insurance would not total out my car(should have started the engine.) B/c of so many cars being damaged in the area it took a while for the insurance to look at my car. It sat for 1-2 weeks in 90+ degree weather rotting. Of course they would not total my car out. Once it got 'fixed' it still smelled like a swamp. Needless to say the car was going to rust out from the inside out. Had to get rid of it. Luckily the Toyota dealer where I bought it gave me great value for a trade it even though they knew it was flooded.

So for some reason I thought it would be good to get a Toyota Prius. Yeah, yeah, I know. Horrible car. Took a trip to NC and it was the most uncomfortable ride I've ever had. Well, had to get rid of that...

Next was a Toyota Matix M Theory. Just a fancy way of saying it had 17 inch alloy wheels and spoiler. Otherwise, absolutely nothing different from a regular Matrix. Actually really enjoyed that car. My wife still owns a Matrix so we were happily gay together with our nearly identical cars.

So that's 3 new cars purchased between 2005 and 2009. My friend (who's RS was flooded) really started to get me interested in Subaru's. Of course the STi was the natural choice but the WRX would suffice. Would my wife really let me buy another car? After much convincing and finding a great deal on the STi the love affair began.

Here is the only pic I took at the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, I made it home! Surprised? You should be. This was the first manual I've ever owned and only drove my wife's manual Matrix a few times before buying this. Time for a few pics before disc golf leagues complete with the oh so cool dealer plates.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First 'mod'...had to get the sport grille with the 'i' badge.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap winter is here! What rims to get? Thanks to the folks at tirerack I got much more than I ever needed. Enkei RPF1's with Blizzak tires.

The only thing I don't like about driving in the winter is the other people on the road. If I could get rid of them it would be euphoric.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's see... what else don't I need? Ah yes. A group buy for the Black Top Aero Spoiler! This wasn't on long.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time for a new shift knob and TWM short throw shifter. Butter. Of course I couldn't decide on the knob. Finally decided with the last pic...

M1 Abrams in flat black
Well it appears that pic doesn't want to load this evening. FU photobucket

Redhead flossy. Loved the feel but sat too high and reminded me of Bozo the Clown.

Settled on M1 Abrams is classic white. Absolutely love it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's get rid of those tacky silver side badges. She's a bit dirty

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bye bye goldies. Downgraded to Motegi MR118's. Wife was happy. These will be coming off soon. Rims and stock Dunlop's are for sale. Trying to sell locally first.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the Prova cover for the Si drive.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time for some SPT catback exhaust install

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought the limited edition pink Rally Armour flaps last year to support breast cancer research. These can be installed while the wheels are on. I can vouch that it would be much easier with the wheels off.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have a white STi the stock taillights can actually look good. If you don't by all means tint, tint, tint.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On Sept. 16th I traveled to Elk Rapids, MI to try and break the world record for the longest parade of Subaru's in honor of the late rally driver Matthew Noble Marker. The event was on his birthday. I can't tell you how much fun I had. The Subaru community is incredible. I was barely out of the car before Matt's father stopped to talk to me. If they hold another event I certainly plan on attending again. I was car #288. The number is still on the car and won't come off until mother nature intervenes. We 'unofficially' broke the record. We'll see what Guinness says!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stock engine bay with some aesthetic additions. Green hella horns installed

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well well... what do we have here?

Toby doesn't seem overly excited

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well I have some new pics but photobucket is not cooperating at the current time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts